Anniversary Dinner

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masta

Reaction score
Took my darling bride (of 13 years) out to dinner last night to a new place we have heard great things about but never went before. If you are ever in the area it is well worth a trip to the Captain Daniel Packer Inn in Mystic CT.
A very old (250 years) building with lots of character and awesome food including fresh seafood from the fishing boats out of Stonington CT.

http://www.danielpacker.com/index.html

Edited by: masta

Mystic itself is worth the trip.

smiley1.gif
Happy aniversary?
smiley1.gif

I just remembered that some of the hand made from scraps 3 master models that my grandfather made 50 years ago are on display in some museum up there.
My mom and dad went to mystic every year just because it is so interesting there.Edited by: scotty

We go to Mystic 2 or 3 times a year as my kids love the aquarium and we
love the little village, I will have to check out that restaraunt next
time as I glazed over the menu and its right up my alley Masta. Happy
Anniversary to you. Our 13th is coming up in November!

Happy Anniversary to you and your blushing bride!
smiley2.gif
Marriage is a lot of work but so worth it. Cheers!

Happy Anniversary Masta.....What wine did you have with your dinner?

We choose to skip the wine and have a few margaritas before and during dinner.
smiley4.gif

Variety is the spice of life!

Congrats to you both!
smiley20.gif

Remember: "To the world you maybe just one person....but to one person you just might be their world" make everyday special for her you won't regret it.
smiley4.gif

And who says car guys have no sentiment!

Congrats Masta on the anniversary
smiley32.gif

I told my wife when she got sick for hours not to worry about it, we've had a lot already and will have many more. Turns out they suspect pancreas problems along with the gall bladder so she had a CT scan yesterday. Edited by: appleman

masta,
Sounds like you two had a wonderful evening. Happy Anniversary to you !!

Ramona

Appleman, our blessings are with you and your wife! May there be many many more anniversaries for you!

Thanks to all and Appleman I do hope your wife gets a proper diagnoses and treatment so she gets better soon.

Congrats on the anniversary. I have experienced 25 of them. Not all with the same woman but that is beside the point.
smiley36.gif
That menu sure looks tasty. What did you all enjoy there?

We started with the calamari which was excellent with nice hot peppers and small amount of cream sauce. On every table is fresh out of the oven French baguette which comes with a whole head of roasted garlic and butter.....roasted garlic smeared on warm bread ROCKS!!!

Deba had the lobster casserole which was full of lobster and very rich with the cheese filled tortellini. I had a nightly special of steaks tips and scallops served over black pepper fettuccine with mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes. The meat was done perfect and melted in your mouth and the fresh scallops were sweet and pared well with the mushrooms and tomatoes.

For desert I choose the grasshopper pie since I needed a bit of a chocolate fix and Deba went with the crème brûlée and an Irish coffee that had more Jamison's Whiskey in it than coffee!
smiley20.gif

Dang now I am getting hungry!

Creme Brulee is the best and Jamisons is the bomb! Top of the morning ta ya!

I hope you had a wonderful evening. The food sounded yummy.

Appleman, Please keep us posted on your wife. Our prayers are with you.

Back