An awesome country wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobF

Reaction score
I had an awesome country wine today. Strawberry-Peach. Excellent balance, very fruity, represents the constituent fruits well, yet is still very much a wine.

Yum ... I can't believe it has 'only' won silver medals.

Made by our own winemaker_3352, otherwise known as Jon.

Good job, Jon!

MMMMMMmmmmmmm Sounds good! I made one last year, it came out pretty good. I'm looking forward to making a bigger and better batch this year!

Thanks Bob!!!

That means a lot - I still haven't opened your wine yet - been so busy with work and the kids - i am crashing early.

It is our anniversary and father's day this weekend - sounds like a good time to open.

I have it chilled and ready to go!!!

I'm considering blending some of our Strawberry and Peach. Peach is almost 6 months old and still fairly cloudy. May try some Super Kleer at next racking to see what the outcome is. I've sampled the peach in it's current state and while currently dry, it has just a subtle taste of peach. I can only imagine once it is back sweetened a little bit.

Have a happy anniversary. No rush on the wine, 'No wine before its time' :)

I start with an SG at 1.085 for each and finish to dry.

Then i sweeten to close to a dessert wine - SG 1.025-1.030ish for both.

TA = .65

I add a strawberry f-pac but not for the peach.

Then i blend

87.5% strawberry
12.5% peach.

I think it comes out 1 gallon of peach to 6 gallons of strawberry.

I start with an SG at 1.085 for each and finish to dry.

Then i sweeten to close to a dessert wine - SG 1.025-1.030ish for both.

TA = .65

I add a strawberry f-pac but not for the peach.

Then i blend

87.5% strawberry
12.5% peach.

I think it comes out 1 gallon of peach to 6 gallons of strawberry.

Thats where I started both. I still need to back sweeten and check acid. Sounds like it will be a good experiment for maybe next month or August.

Yup - play around with your blend - see what you like better - you might like more peach - or less.

I did it that way - b/c i didn't want to mask the strawberry - but i wanted hints of peach.

The peach adds nice body to it as well.

Latest posts

Back