Mosti Mondiale Amarone and FVW St. Patricks Day sale

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deboard

Reaction score
I've been wanting to do a MM kit, since it's the only brand available to me that I haven't done yet. Then I check out the finevinewines website and they are having a St. Patrick's day sale - 10% off a bunch of MM kits.

I was hoping my next kit would be an Amarone. The sale includes the Original All Juice, but not the Meglioli. Has anyone done the Amarone Original All Juice? Is it any good? Any suggestions otherwise? The All Juice Masters Amarone is out of stock. Would I be better off with the Renaissance Amarone since it has raisins?

Deboard, my exerience with MM red kits has not been good and I have made the All Juice Original, Renaissance Impressions and All Juice Masters kits. I find them very thin, lacking both mouth and body and requiring a lot of tweaking to make a decent wine. I have not made a Meglioli because I am not willing to risk the money based on the performance of the other kits. I have had much better success with Cellar Craft and RJ Spagnols. Just my view. I am sure that others will have differing experiences.

Deboard, I started a MM AllJuice Chardonnay kit several months ago and am not satisfied. As Rocky mentioned the wine is thin, lacking both mouth feel and body. (BTW, Rocky's made the same comment in the past, but I bought the kit anyway.) My Chardonnay seems more like Pinot Grigio. I contacted them several times via email with some questions and never heard back.

I don't intend to do this again. There are kit makers I prefer and will stick with them. I'd say RJS, Cellar Craft, WE, MM in order, with Cellar Craft only a close second.

I have seen comments along these lines before here, and truthfully that's why I haven't done a MM kit yet, and I tend to listen to advice from this forum. I just had one of those urges to head into "undiscovered country". I'll have to console myself with starting my Eclipse Lodi Cab this weekend and start hoping George has an easter sale on En Primeur or something like that.

I have made the MM All Juice Amarone. It turned out the best of all the MM kits I ever made and I made a bunch (check my sig). I ended up going back and adding some Tancor Grand Cru post bottling and that really worked wonders. This kit does come with a nice raisin pack which helps quite a bit. I still have one bottle left I think and its coming up on 4 years old. I would say this is one kit that you should be pleased with but know that these are not early drinkers normally and need at least 12 months before easing into them and 24 mo they are at prime time. I think there are better Amarone kits out there but if you can pick it up on sale for a $10 ship you should be pleased with the outcome of this particular MM Kit.

I would probably consider the All Juice Amarone, but it's out of stock.

You can still order it. Your CC will not be charged until it ships. George is very fast at replenishing stock. Almost always with in a week.

Yes they will give you the "sale" price as long as you order it during the sale.

Great, been wanting to do the La Bodega port kit. I hope it doesn't take too long to replenish the stock.

I have the RJS Coffee Port aging now, I have read good things about the La Bodega as well. I am no big hurry.

OK, I pulled the trigger on the All Juice Amarone w/ raisins. Added 2 lbs of k-meta since I was running out. I looked at a couple other Amarone kits, but they were both more, although they would be less without this sale. So it might be a while before this kit is this cheap again, and the others will likely stay the same price.

I can see how you could read that into what I wrote above, after rereading it anyways! That would be more than a minor miscalculation!

I just noticed Finevinewines has the Renaissance Impressions Amarone on sale as well. You might give George a call on Monday and see what he thinks would make the better wine. I believe that kit comes with both raisins and a grape pack of sorts so it might produce a better wine. Plus it appears to be in stock.

Mike is correct. The Renaissance Impressions comes with both a grape pack and raisins. The instructions tell you to use one or the other and I used both in kits of Amarone and Barolo. I thought both wines were disappointingly thin although acceptable. In my opinion, there are better choices out there.

Yep do what Mike and Rocky said. MMRI Amarone should be excellent. Same as MMMeg but with a few less ltr of juice.

I ended up sticking with the Alljuice w/ raisins. Having never done a MM kit before, I'm confused. Most other kits have a pop out section of the box that you wedge the nozzle of the juice bag into to help you pour. I don't see that here, does anyone have a good method they use or do you just manhandle it and pour?

Back