Mosti Mondiale Am I the only one?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanie

Reaction score
Has anyone else ordered MM's all juice pails frozen from George? I have the Pinot Grigio and the Amarone on order. I'm excited!
smiley14.gif

It was very recently that he changed that he would ship these and right now he is sold out so even if someone did want 1 dont know when they would be available.

I ordered Cabernet Sauvignon and Moscato. I'm counting the days until arrival.

I still can't figure out how they're going to make it to NY before they thaw!
smiley4.gif

I have a Petite Syrah on order and I believe thebuckets of juice should be delivered to George sometime next week. Then he will freeze them and run his trial in the "NEW" store before shipping. Edited by: masta

minus ten degrees, that's how :)

We ordered something, but I'll be danged if I remember what.....

I have a bucket of Amarone coming- can't get much farther away than me. If it is frozen solid and then packed in one of his normal boxes filled with peanuts, it should still be frozen or close to it when it arrives. We are all keeping our fingers crossed. If it works out well I think they will be a hit with everyone! Nothing like must to make a wine out of for quality and versatility.

I ordered the Viognier ... I think ... it's been a while. :) That was a tough decision ... I was torn between a Cab, the Barolo, and a few others. Then my wife reminded me that we only have 2 bottles of white in our cellar ... so we went with a white. :)

Question ... my previous winemaking attempts have been with kits. I'm assuming that I will need to test for acidity with fresh juice. Is there anything I should have on hand and ready in the event that I need to guide my wine a bit? I have test strips, but that's it.

I have the Barolo coming, and my friend also popped for the Barolo.

As ours only needs to come to Austin, it should be a bit easier. However, UPS (or whomever) won't make a direct delivery (silly people). They'll want to go through their regular channels. I think they should just put our 2 buckets in their trucks and come directly to Austin, without stopping, without passing go, without collecting.....you know the drill.
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

kc

dmcquade said:
Question ... my previous winemaking attempts have been with kits. I'm assuming that I will need to test for acidity with fresh juice. Is there anything I should have on hand and ready in the event that I need to guide my wine a bit? I have test strips, but that's it.

This juice is adjusted for acid and pH then inoculated with yeast so the only thing you need per the instructions is K-meta, ascorbic acid, and oak chips/cubes after fermentation is complete.Edited by: masta

Am I the only one who had trouble narrowing it down to just 2? It about killed me!
smiley4.gif

I ordered one after Winestock. I will be using it to finish a fresh fruit Merlot or white zinfandel. Whatever is left over I will ferment. For the life of me I can't remember what it was I ordered but it sounded good at the time.

I have the Vinho Verde and the Moscato, and yes just picking two was painful.

I ordered the California Shiraz and I don't have a clue what I'm supposed to do with ascorbic acid. Will someone be kind enough to explain?

You use it like k-meta. It is an anti-oxidant. Some manufacturers products may vary so follow directions. George's ascorbic acid is used at the ratio of 1 tsp. per 6 gallons. It will not inhibit fermentation like K-meta does, just prevent it from oxidizing.

If you are doing a sparkling I will use it up front otherwise I will use k-meta. Not exactly sure why Mosti is adding it in conjunction with k-meta but Im sure they have a good plan. It is not recommended for bulk storage though.

Latest posts

Back