Mosti Mondiale Am I the only one?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately, I do not have Barolo, so I can't help you.

Last night, I took SG readings, two days after picking up the pails. The Cabernet Sauvignon was 1.025; the Moscato was 1.040. The Moscato now has a clear foamy head and the Cabernet Sauvignon head is receding.

We'll have to see if we can trick on of the frozen must Barolo guys into a quick SG reading upon thaw!

Tonight, four days after fermentation started, the SG of both the Cab. Sauv. and Moscato is approximately 1.010. I'll rack to the secondary tomorrow night. Has anyone outside DFW received the shipped frozen juices? If so, how were they upon arrival?

George was going to try to send meone of myfrozen musts this week, but when he picked them up from the ice house, there were not completely frozen - so he sent them back and willship them all next week.

My friend Jon picked our Barolos up at the store on Saturday. They were bubbling away. He put them in tubs with ice and brought them back to Austin (about 4 hour drive). When we checked it later that evening the SG was about 1.065. I haven't looked since then.

kc

geocorn said:
The fresh juice is scheduled to be delivered on Friday. We will take the ones to be shippeddown to Ice House that day. On Monday, we will pick up for to bring back to the store to see how long they take to thaw. If they hold for four days, no worries; otherwise, we have a big oops for the 4 day shipping customers. We should be fine, but I want to know for sure before I ship.

As pointed out, no adjustments are needed. For my Chilean juices from April, all I did was add some super kleer and SO2 at the end. You will be very pleased with the wine which will make next year more difficult in only choosing 1 or 2.

Hi George, What was the result of your experiment? Are all these kits sold out? I can't seem to find them on your website. What's the difference between these and the MM All Juice kits (other than they're frozen)?

The MM Fresh Juice buckets had to be pre-ordered and I don't believe there are any extras. The final results of the experiment will not be known for a while until all the buckets that were frozen are shipped,made into wine and sampled after aging by the customers who are participating in this trial.

The "Fresh Juice" is just that fresh and not pasteurized. It is inoculated with yeast and has to be kept cold to prevent it from starting to ferment. These buckets were only frozen so they could be shipped to folksthat don't live close to the store.

The "All Juice" is fresh juice that is biologically stabilized (neutralizing wild yeast and bacterial flora) through the modern technique of flash-pasteurization (H.T.S.T.) and is immediately packaged under aseptic conditions to insure shelf-stability of the product. Edited by: masta

Back