Mosti Mondiale All Juice starting secret???

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docbee

Reaction score
I started my first of hopfully many MM kits. This was the 23L All Juice Johannisburg Riesling. Didn't know what to expect with it coming in a bucket. When I opened it up there was a huge plastic bag with a top like the WE kits. Unfortunately the top was buried down about 1/4 down into the bucket. So of course when I removed the cap the juice just started pour out of the bag into the bucket and my non sanitized hands (dumb part on me). I know the bucket is not sanitized since the instructions and additives where just sitting on the inside of the bucket.

Just wondering for future kits is there an easier way to get the juice out?? I thought of cutting a corner of the bag and pour itout that way.

Everything else is doing fine. I freaked when I got the juice over my hands so I added 1/8 tsp K meta(just in case). With hydrating the yeast and stirring it in there was a good fermentation going the next morning(about 12 hours)

dont worry. those juice are pretty tough.

the yeast will take control in there in no time!

re-hydrate and you should see good ferm tomorrow.

Like many of the MM kits which come in a 23L format you need to pull the bag out of the box or pail in this case and remove the top and carefully pour the contents into your properly sized (7.9 gallon) sanitized fermenter.

Some people do cut the bag over their primary but I don't like that idea since I have no control at that point. 23L of juice is heavy and can be difficult to manage so it is best to get some help if needed.

6+ Gal bucket. Perfect for 5 gal batches of beer!!!!

I thought of pulling the bag out but thought the weight would just facilitate ripping the bag and making more of a mess.Edited by: docbee

I had the same thought also when making my first MM 23L kit but took carenot stressing the bag all in one spot. I think these bags are a lot tougher than you think.

i have made some kits in those bucket. the 23L line is at the physical line in the bucket. tehre is a wider part on the top f the bucket and the line separating the wide and thin part is the 23L mark.

just be carefull because if you have a kit with plenty of fermentationa nd content (like raisins or grape skin) you can have some problem for the first 3 or 4 days (spilling may occurs)

I just taste another time my Renaissance Chianti tonight!

Oh My God! Very good and so good!
i know it,s still way too young but it's already so good!

after those limited release i will start 2 or 3 batch of Mosti product. too good!

I just brought home an All Juice Amarone from my trip to Dallas. I have no intention of trying to pour the juice into a primary. I will pull the cap as far up as I can, put in a racking tube, and rack into the primary. I don't want to lose a drop.

50 lbs. of juice is a lot, so Peter and I talked about siphoning most of it out and pouring the rest into the primary. I strongly suggest using our 7.9 gallon bucket.

Racking, now why didn't I think of that! Now I am ready to start my Masters Outback Chardonnay (well as soon as I find an empty carboy).

Actually, my first, and only kit of the modern era (20 years ago it was all cans) is a 10L RJS Merlot. I made something of a mess with that one, as I did not know if the bag was glued into the box, and didn't want to find out the hard way. I poured the whole box, and some of it sloshed onto the box, resulting in fruit flies around the garbage can until trash day. At that point I resolved to siphon out of the bag ever after.

I bought a 7.9 gallon primary along with the MM Castel del Papa for that very reason. I also siphoned, couldn't think of any other way to do it. Still lost a cup of juice in the bucket but I just threw it back in.
smiley1.gif

Latest posts

Back