Mosti Mondiale All juice kits vs regular

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cove Cottage

Reaction score
OK, Wade suggests a MM all juice kit. What is the big difference between an all juice kit and a kit where I add water? Is there a big benefit?

I have done a few of these and they always produce a great end product. I have done a few other kits and unless your spending the big bucks on the best the others have to offer you typically end up with a lesser quality wine.

The Mosti Original All Juice kits make a very good wine like Wade says. There is a large selection and they turn out great. The cost is very good for what you get. I am also very impressed with the Mosti Renaissance kits. They are 16 liter of juice so you don't need a lot of water. Some of them come with raisins- a nice big bag of them. I am making the Amarone right now and it came with 2 packs of medium toast oak and great tasting and smelling raisins. The smell and taste is phenominal. I would rate this kit as comparable to the frozen must all juice amarone- that one has no raisins and only came with a small bag of oak. The kit is complete and has thorough instruction- even in French(plus English).

Tell us what you are looking for and we will have a better idea what you want to try.

Appleman, I am waiting "impatiently" for my Amarrone to be delivered today.
smiley17.gif

Plus you get a 6.5 gallon pail. You can use the pail to

1) Make 5 gallon batches of beer or fruit wine

2) Store used motor oil in until you take it to the recycling center

3) Make an equipment or cork humidor

I compare the all juice and concentrate kits to a gallon of fresh juice you drink (oj, grape,etc) to a gallon you make from frozen concentrate. While the gallon from concentrate might be good, if you compared a glass beside a fresh juice you may notice the flavors aren't exactly the same (maybe too sweet, not sweet enough etc) Its concentrated for convenience, not necessarily quality.

Thanks for the information. Looks like I will be trying one of the Mosti kits. Now I just need to decide which one. They all look so good.

Add a couple more for the pail:

4. carrying garden tools or planting water.
5. Taking fish from boat tocleaning station.
6. Kindling hauler for the fireplace.

To continue on:

7: Use as a seat while bottling on the floor.
8: Use as a stand for keeping the carboy elevated some.
9: Pick grapes in for making wine.
10: Transport things to and from the vineyard.

Hey, you guys make this bucket sound like it would pay for itself just by all it's many uses...lol

Yeah, you guys are making the bucket sound more appealing than the wine
smiley36.gif

I recently read a post in which PeterZ described the process the kit makers use for the concentrate kits. It basically described boiling the must in a vaccum so that the boiling temp was lower, thus preserving the quality of the must. Does anyone know the process they use to make the Alljuice? I've heard these called Aseptic juices, and I'm under the impression that they're "flash pastuerized." Amyone know how that affects the must?

Ken

Flash pastuerisation is the same process used to pastuerize milk. I don't recall the time/temp requirements, but most significant is that it takes place in a closed vessel, so loss of volitile flavor compounds is minimized. It's over in a matter of minutes. While I am sure there is some effect on the juice, every effort is taken to minimize that effect.

Ok Margaret, herewe go. Thanks for the inspiration. Now I just got to figure out what all I need. The all juice sounds like a winner to me.

Hey Vinolozo,

What makes you think there is no wine in heaven?
"In celo non c'e vino ... beviamolo in terra" LOL
smiley36.gif

"Flash Pasteurization" as we are referring to it here, is H.T.S.T. method, all that stands for is High Temperature Short Time. Its achieved by a minimum of 161* F for 15 seconds. Then rapidly cooled back down. Enough to control any unwanted bacteria with very minimal effect on the must itself. A lot of todays pasteurizers (in milk I know for sure)will have a vacuum chamber in-line, to pull off any off odors, and aide in the process (requiring less energy to achieve the temps).

The All Juice's are pasteurized using the H.T.S.T. method. They are 100% juice and are NOT reconstituted concentrate.

Latest posts

Back