All carboy caps equal?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaggz

Taking Baby Steps
Reaction score
The reason I ask, I recently purchased an allinonewine pump and was wanting to test it out using water before running my wine thru it. Anyhow, I only have one orange carboy cap & for the life of me, couldn't get a good seal on the tubing and I could hear air coming from around the outer edge as it was transferring. As long as I held it "down", as was good but if I let up, it would drastically slow down.

So are all caps the same or do perhaps have a second-rate cap?

Hmm, I didn't get one with my pump? I had one already, but I kept thinking that there is no way that this one was gonna work! Any recommendations on which one I need?

Yep, the one Steve sells, it fits everything I have except better bottles and can't use it on them anyway.

Last edited:
Jaggs
I originally started out using the universal orange bung for the first 6 months or so and yes I was receiving calls that not all carboy outside necks are the same. So I decided to plunge into making my own 6.5 tappered gum bung that will fit most all carboys. See my accessory page for more information.

If you have purshased a Allinone within the past year - you should have the updated bung - not the Orange one.

Hey Steve - thanks for the PM...is this the new bung that you are making?!? I noticed this in the box but for the life of me, after studying the photo, couldn't figure out where this went!
bung.JPG

Latest posts

Back