Mosti Mondiale AJ Amarone Tasting Notes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickC

Reaction score
We opened our first bottle of AJ Amarone w/ raisins last night. It is about 13 months old. We had made some adjustments to the instructions by adding 3 oz Hungarian oak during bulk aging and Tan Cor tannin at bottling. WOW. This wine is fabulous for its young age. Still a bit young but this should be a wonderful wine. The added oak gave it a smokey aroma and flavor. The added tannins give it a nice mouth feel from the tip of the tongue all the way to the back. Can't wait to taste this one at 2-3 years if any last that long.

Good to know, How much Tan Cor did you add? I have a bottle but have not had the (guts) to use it!

I have already bottled mine (made it by the book) and it tasted fantastic and it was only 7 months old. Can't wait for some bottle aging to turn it into a wonderful masterpiece!

1 tsp. It is amazing how little it takes to taste the difference. It would be easy to over do it.

my experience with it so far is 1 teaspoon max if that for me, does magic to the mouth feel and also brings out the fruit BTW make sure you use tancor gran cru, seems to be the best tannin out there.

I usually start with 1/4tsp, wait 2 weeks, taste, then add another 1/4tsp if it needs it. Maximum dosage is 30mg/l

Latest posts

Back