After Fining

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

Omerta

Reaction score
Okay I just racked off of the lees thrown by Super Kleer. Not a lot there but I suppose it did its job. Next issue... what do I do about the haze? I shone a light through the wine near the neck of the carboy. I definitely see the beam. What is a next step I could try to clear this? Pectic enzyme? Polyclar? Both? Do I need to get the cash up for a filter system?

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
WMT Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Give it a couple weeks to clear up. It'll come around! Did you degass well?

Last edited:

Omerta

Reaction score
gave it a good beating a couple times after stabilizing. Did see a ton of tiny bubbles.

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
WMT Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like you may stay have excess gas. You will need to make sure it is fully degassed to get it to clear properly.

Last edited:

Racer

Future vineyard owner
Reaction score
Okay I just racked off of the lees thrown by Super Kleer. Not a lot there but I suppose it did its job. Next issue... what do I do about the haze? I shone a light through the wine near the neck of the carboy. I definitely see the beam. What is a next step I could try to clear this? Pectic enzyme? Polyclar? Both? Do I need to get the cash up for a filter system?
Can you give a few more bits of information please. Like what kind of wine is it? how long ago did it finish primary fermentation?

Omerta

Reaction score
Its a cab-sauv that was racked to secondary three weeks ago. I added the SK and let it sit for three days. The directions said 24 to 48 hours I believe.

Racer

Future vineyard owner
Reaction score
Its a cab-sauv that was racked to secondary three weeks ago. I added the SK and let it sit for three days. The directions said 24 to 48 hours I believe.
cab-sauv. from grapes? Even if it's from juice or a kit 3 weeks in secondary needs alot more time to settle out. I've had a cab. sauv. that has taken 2 yrs. to be even drinkable, let time be your friend on this one.