After Fining

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omerta

Reaction score
Okay I just racked off of the lees thrown by Super Kleer. Not a lot there but I suppose it did its job. Next issue... what do I do about the haze? I shone a light through the wine near the neck of the carboy. I definitely see the beam. What is a next step I could try to clear this? Pectic enzyme? Polyclar? Both? Do I need to get the cash up for a filter system?

gave it a good beating a couple times after stabilizing. Did see a ton of tiny bubbles.

Sounds like you may stay have excess gas. You will need to make sure it is fully degassed to get it to clear properly.

Last edited:
Okay I just racked off of the lees thrown by Super Kleer. Not a lot there but I suppose it did its job. Next issue... what do I do about the haze? I shone a light through the wine near the neck of the carboy. I definitely see the beam. What is a next step I could try to clear this? Pectic enzyme? Polyclar? Both? Do I need to get the cash up for a filter system?

Can you give a few more bits of information please. Like what kind of wine is it? how long ago did it finish primary fermentation?

Its a cab-sauv that was racked to secondary three weeks ago. I added the SK and let it sit for three days. The directions said 24 to 48 hours I believe.

Its a cab-sauv that was racked to secondary three weeks ago. I added the SK and let it sit for three days. The directions said 24 to 48 hours I believe.

cab-sauv. from grapes? Even if it's from juice or a kit 3 weeks in secondary needs alot more time to settle out. I've had a cab. sauv. that has taken 2 yrs. to be even drinkable, let time be your friend on this one.

Back