Mosti Mondiale Advice and feedback on your favorite Mosti kits please.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Renaissance Impressions Barolo and Amarone working at present and I added both the raisins and the huge grape pack that came with the kits. These are not the Meglioli kits but they are made by Mosti Mondiale and the instructions say to use one or the other, but I used both. The wine is coming along great.

Perfect! I decided to add both as well. I also picked up an Ken Ridge Founders series Brunello and RJS Winery Series Super Tuscan today for my last two.

Its my wifes turn now lol.

I don't know the MM kits, but the other two are great choices. Have fun.

Steve

Hi, I don't post much but I do troll these forums daily and I would like some feedback on people's favorite Mosti Mondiale kits. I've made WE and RJS and only make the ultra premium wines. I work out of town on a two week "on" one week "off" rotation which has worked out well for these.

I am going to be doing some schooling and will be home for a month so I want to line up about 4 top notch kits that I can babysit with my hydrometer and really put the effort into making the best wines I can from them. I live in Canada so I'm not going to be paying an absurd amount of money for them as they're (I believe) on average $10 more than RJS and WE premium kits.

So... What would YOU make if you could pick any 4 kits you wanted and only had one chance a year to be able to babysit the fermentation process? Oh and I'm talking reds here that I will oak to my own preferences.

Why would you need to babysit them? Follow directions and then bulk age.
I would pick: MM Barolo and the Amarone. Cellar Craft: Red Mountain Cab

I have the Renaissance Impressions Barolo and Amarone working at present and I added both the raisins and the huge grape pack that came with the kits. These are not the Meglioli kits but they are made by Mosti Mondiale and the instructions say to use one or the other, but I used both. The wine is coming along great.

I wonder why they tell you to only use one or the other if using both works out so well.

It kinda puts the kit out of its pre-designed "balance". Doesn't mean it won't ferment out, it will just be pretty high ABV etc.

Back