WineXpert Add more yeast?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WAG

Reaction score
My Choc Rasp Port appears stuck after 2nd dextrose infusion. Can I add 1/2 pact of yeast, or full pack?:d

How long has it appeared stuck and what is the SG? You can always add more yeast but I doubt that adding dextrose would kill your yeast. Why not just stir it up really good, punch some air into it, wait a couple of days, and of course, monitor your SG.

SG 1.030 for 2 days. I have swished the bucket to get a mix going. Temp 75

WE has a special page on stuck fermentation for this kit. Tells me that it is pretty common. If that link does not help then try contacting WE directly. What is odd is that the instruction say 72-75 F but that page says 75-80 F and they are insisting that temperature is key.

Ok. After the 2nd of three dextrose additions and 4 days, SG hasn't moved. 1.030. I did add 1/2 pack of yeast 2 days ago. Nothing. Wade?? Lol

So I guess that you did not read the link that I provided...nor did you contact Winexpert. OK, I'm outta here. Wish you luck.

Your link told me nothing i didnt already know, as did Winexpert. I've got it figured out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back