A Nice Guide For The Newbie Wine Makers

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btom2004

Wine On My Mind
Reaction score
I haven't been making wine that long. However I do remember how frustrating it was. Just not knowing what yu were doing was right or how to do it correctly. I found this link and it is very detailed photo's as well. This is a great guide to use, as most wines are made the same way.

http://paul.graysonfamily.org/thoughts/cherrywine/

Not bad. I wouldn't endorse some of the practices there, but it's one way of doing it all right.

Yeah I see what you mean. It's just great to have the photo's to look at is all, of how things are done. I had no idea what to do when I started.

Yep, when you are starting out, it is a bit scary, that is one of the main reasons I come to this site and try and help out. Not always right with my answers, but really not wrong very often either. After a couple or a few batches, you kinda figure out just leave it alone, maybe help it out just a bit, and wine happens. Good luck with all your fermentin, Arne.

Yep, when you are starting out, it is a bit scary, that is one of the main reasons I come to this site and try and help out. Not always right with my answers, but really not wrong very often either. After a couple or a few batches, you kinda figure out just leave it alone, maybe help it out just a bit, and wine happens. Good luck with all your fermentin, Arne.

There is ONE ANSWER Arne always gets right: Save your lees in a Mason jar in the fridge and let them settle out. Then pour off the clear wine and drink it.

:d

Keeps you out of your bottles awhile and ensures you get every legit drop you made! Why should the sewer rats get it?

Yeah I never seem to have any left over to top off with. Bummer! ;)

Latest posts

Back