Other $39.00 vino italanio 4 week red wine kit ?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a bad experience with that brand and the maunfactuers' support. However, at $39, with free shipping it might be a good kit to tweak all you want.

I am kind of curious that the condition is listed as "“NEW IN OPEN RETAIL PACKAGING.”' yet there are more than 10 available.
What did they do? Open all of their stock and take out the supplied chems so they can sell them back to you?

Last edited:
I've made that kit. I added raisins, banana and dried blueberries to the primary and gave it a little oak in bulk aging. It's 18 months in the bottle now and I'd classify it as drinkable. Maybe a little better than that. But not a ton. It is worth the price and at 40 bucks, I'd say you get your money's worth. But don't expect a $15 bottle of wine out of it.

I went to the link. Says $50.99

It is actually a 5.1 L kit

I have made this as well.

Tweak it and/or keep it to a 5 gal batch and it makes a nice everyday wine. Tweaks ALWAYS need additional sugar. I also add oak, zante currants or grape skins, (sometimes frozen blackberries, or dried cherries) and tannin to these cheap kits.

Last edited:
I went to the link. Says $50.99

It is actually a 5.1 L kit

I have made this as well.

Tweak it and/or keep it to a 5 gal batch and it makes a nice everyday wine. Tweaks ALWAYS need additional sugar. I also add oak, zante currants or grape skins, (sometimes frozen blackberries, or dried cherries) and tannin to these cheap kits.

I guess they got enough views they decided to raise the price. It def was $39 yesterday. I followed the same link.

Just a question. I admit I'm someone who always tweaks. To be honest I've never really followed a recipe, and often do a lot of fpaking at the end to make the wine what I want it to be. Since you all are talking some major tweaks wouldn't it be a better route to use the Cab Sav offered at Homewinery.com ?

I only ask because I've been drooling over their wine concentrate page. I did a test on the fedex page and it looks to me that if I order 4 bags of concentrate at the same time each bag should cost under 5bucks per in shipping. Hard to beat. Up till now I've been combining juice concentrates, ready to drink like Ocean Spray, and some of the fruit I froze from my garden last year as part of my tweaking. Everyone who talks about homewinery juices are happy with the result. I really want to get the elderberry as I prefer white wine and would like to know if I need to plant some of these puppies next year. I already have tons of gooseberries, asian pears, plums, pawpaws and enough hardy kiwi and tart cherries to keep things interesting.

http://www.homewinery.com/cgi-bin/concen.cgi

Pam in cinti

Tweak it and/or keep it to a 5 gal batch and it makes a nice everyday wine.

Oh yeah, I only reconstituted to about 5 1/3 gallons. Definitely recommended. I've done two Vino Italiano kits and can't imagine how thin they'd be if you went the full 6.

I bought a Vino Italiano Cab from Amazon Prime (free shipping) and paid about $48. Today, ebay is $43.44 but accepting offers. I am getting ready to clarify this weekend. After tasting it a couple of times, it is a little thin but not bad. I guess that I will try ebay next time and save a couple bucks if the wine finishes out well. I will take any recommendations on how to flavor the wine before bottling.

Just bought the cab for a $39 accepted offer. I will add Marquette skins and use Joe's method of raisins, and tannin in the secondary. With the addition of the Marquette I'll take it to the six gal. Sugar to get the SG to 1.10 and use 71B-1122 yeast.

Just bought the cab for a $39 accepted offer. I will add Marquette skins and use Joe's method of raisins, and tannin in the secondary. With the addition of the Marquette I'll take it to the six gal. Sugar to get the SG to 1.10 and use 71B-1122 yeast.

kevinlfifer I just got this kit and it did not come with any oak. did yours come with oak?

not worth it

I have enjoyed SOME cheaper kits ... but have done 2 vino italiano kits now and both ended up with a nasty sour/spoiled taste ... wont buy any more of their's again

I have the Tuscany Rosso Magnifico bulk aging and so far, even for the price, I am not impressed. From the beginning it has smelled very much like a closed-off room and the one taste I took was not good. The up-side is that the smell has been getting better, so I am going to let it sit and hope for the best.

I was pondering rather not to purchase this kit and then I noticed the price was going up so I made an offer of $45.00 and it wasn't accepted I ended with paying 58.00 and was reading all these post on here how thin it was so I ordered 46 oz of sun country cab plan on adding that and I have some cacao nibs and oak already I might try them all in this kit maybe making the kit and the sun country separate at first to check out the smell of the kit. I can see now why they were raising the price-everyone was buying it! lol I got the cacao nibs on a closeout special planned on adding to my port I think it's time for a lil experimenting what do you think? Anyone? thanks for the advice, first time doing a lil fixer upper

My batch is almost through clearing and I tasted it today. My wife says that a little thin and a little tart. Any advice on how to smooth out the tartness?

Boatboy24, when you say oak and time.. I oaked mine at fermentation and also added a 46oz can of sun country cab I plan on bulk ageing for at least a year in glass. Would you suggest oak in secondary? The gravity is at 1.010 still in primary at day 6 and still a lot of bubbling.

Last edited:
Back