3 tbs of K-Meta and 3 tbs of citric acid

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLS

Reaction score
I just want to make sure, the solution of 3 tbs of K-Meta and 3 tbs of citric acid. Per gallon is that for sanitize all equipment like run though the system (hose, Filter, bottle filler, carboy, fermenting bucket etc…also to use in a spray bottle to spry wine thief, spoon etc…) and or just to use in a corkador. Thanks

I would not use this in a corkidore. Adding citric acid expedites the k-meta potency and makes it a contact sanitizer. Use K-meta only for corkidor's as it is sanitizing my vapors and the life expectancy is very long. I have some 6 months old and still wreaks of sulfur.

Corkidor you talking about a bucket to sanitize cork only, correct?

I said corkador (I don’t really know the correct word!) my, is a seal bucket with air lock where I kept my hose, air lock and other thing that fit in the bucket to kept them sanitize until I used them.

What do you think?

Thanks Dan

I would not use this in a corkidore. Adding citric acid expedites the k-meta potency and makes it a contact sanitizer. Use K-meta only for corkidor's as it is sanitizing my vapors and the life expectancy is very long. I have some 6 months old and still wreaks of sulfur.

Corkidor you talking about a bucket to sanitize cork only, correct?

I said corkador (I don’t really know the correct word!) my, is a seal bucket with air lock where I kept my hose, air lock and other thing that fit in the bucket to kept them sanitize until I used them.

What do you think?

Thanks Dan

You say Corkador I say corkidor, you say potatoe I say potato...LOL same thing just depends on how I like spelling it. Spell check says "WTF are you trying to say"! :)

Anyways I also do what you do with the hose and etc but I just keep a half gallon jug partially filled with k-meta in the bucket. Everything sets around the jug. Is this what you are doing or are you filling the pail with k-meta? K-meta works off of vapors.

You say Corkador I say corkidor, you say potatoe I say potato...LOL same thing just depends on how I like spelling it. Spell check says "WTF are you trying to say"! :)

Anyways I also do what you do with the hose and etc but I just keep a half gallon jug partially filled with k-meta in the bucket. Everything sets around the jug. Is this what you are doing or are you filling the pail with k-meta? K-meta works off of vapors.

I have a bucket with 2 to 4 cup of K-Meta in a jar and kept my hose, bun, air lock etc.… around it and I close the lid to seal the bucket, I also have an air lock on the cover.

I also did about the same with a 4” PVC pipe to sanitize whatever doesn’t fit in the bucket like the spoon, siphon tubing, wine thief etc… In the bottom of my PVC tube I put 3 cup of K-Meta (I installed a drain cover above that, like this the equipment don’t touch the K-Meta) I put all my equipment in there, lock it up, store it up right and it is ready to use when I need it.

Now the question:
1) If I understand correctly the vapor from the K-Meta will sanitize all those think in the bucket included the inside of the hose, right?
2) I don’t have to wash anything before using it?
3) How long will it take to sanitize them that way?
4) And, when not in use, I can kept my equipment in there for store and ready to use when need it?
Thanks

Latest posts

Back