2nd year maker

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimhill

Junior
Reaction score
Hi, Jim for southeast AL. Found this forum a few weeks ago, and have been gaining some new knowledge already by reading. I made 29 bottles of strawberry last year. This year i make almost 200 bottles (strawberry, blueberry, blackberry, red plum) and I poured out 12 gallons of bronze muscadine. Most of what I have already learned came from a friend, and from Jack Keller's website. Looking forward to 2016 season already. Jim

Hi Jim,

Welcome to winemakingtalk. I hate to ask this but what did you mean by "poured out 12 gallons of bronze muscadine?"

Thanks everyone.

To best respond:
*Most of my 2015 wine is very good (at least to me and my friends).
*Yes, I am well into my wine-making addition. I love it.
*By "poured out" I mean I poured my muscadine must over the back fence. I would have cried if it would of helped, as I know that can be some good wine.
I am looking forward to correcting my mistakes, and also to making my good wine better.
*I am thankful for the information and knowledge I have already gained from this forum.
*I cannot wait for the 2016 fruit to come in, and to improve.
Jim

Jim, never ever throw wine out until you sure there's no help for it. I had a peach that took b 18 months before it was ok, at 24 months it actually was fantastic. By 30 months it was all gone and I was wishing I saved 1 bottle.

Thanks

I will be more patient next time. Also will do more research and will ask a few questions before next year. Most of what I have fermented I have really enjoyed. I am glad to find this forum. Thank all of you.

Back