28 degrees

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Prince

Reaction score
I've got 2 carboys sitting in my freezer with a Johnson controller sit at 28 degrees. They have been there for over a month and I won't take them out for another two weeks. Will this effect the wine because I'm being lazy?

I just started 4 kits with 5 kits standing by. I need to rack an oak barrel. I could probably bottle three or four batches. I just filled kmeta on 10 carboy airlocks. People talk about the three P's. I say once you're buried with wine work the "PATIENCE" will take care of it's self.

Yep, easier to take your time when there is lots there to work on. I believe you should be ok leaving them in the cold, never tried it, but can't see how it will hurt anything. Good luck with them. Arne.

It should be fine. I can't see it causing any problems if you don't have straight water in airlocks. Either vodka in airlocks or solid bungs will work for a few months if need be.

DoctorCAD said:
What is the reason for the low temp?

Removing wine diamonds??

I had my white wines chilled just for that reason. Dropped a ton of tartaric acid crystals, plus other sediments.

I cold stabilize most of my wine. I don't on Summer Breeze or similar wines. I've had some wine diamonds in the past and I hate to give them to my friends.

John I do the exact same thing same temp and solid bung. As long as your topped up your fine. I actually forgot about a wine I had in the freezer for about 3 months. Thats when I realized I might have a problem. :) I now have less than 20 filled carboys.

Latest posts

Back