Cellar Craft 2012 Bella Sonoma Pinot Noir

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wine passes over the wire when you bottle it using the Buon Vino and it doesn't seem to bother it.

It is also (normally) only in contact for a short period of time, not a 7 -10 days.

Its probably OK but glass is about as inert as it gets.

A couple of shot glasses or one small juice size glass would do the job as well and you would not have to disassemble your Buon Vino....

Makes sense. Mind block. I didn't think of drinking glasses. Such an obvious option.

Not that it really matters at this point and know you questioned what I started at, but I forgot to right down my starting SG on this one....(I'm usually so retentive on this stuff....) Your's sounds pretty close though as I remember it being up in that range.

I will probably move it so secondary tomorrow as it is still bubbling but close to dry. (Recall I used RC-212 and have been fermenting at lower temps...which has taken longer.) Smells like a room full of cherries.....

Jay,

Thanks for the update. Others doing the kit will find your response beneficial. I did mine with the yeast provided, Lalvin EC-1118. I know I'll forget. We should exchange bottles of this wine in the future. We started them at roughly the same time with different yeast. I've not done enough kits to to have similiar or identical wines made with different yeasts.

Its a nice thought but I know I'll foreget.

Thank you. And that is why I do it to compare notes and maybe identify areas which help others. I've been doing this just over a year and still learning, and hope I always will be.

I racked over today @ .992. Still a little activity going, but don't expect much change there.

This is my second run using Rc212 and I have been very happy with the prelimenary results. I couldn't believe the strong aromas coming off the PN this morning and that was a major complaint with the EC1118. Some use only the rc212. If you're wanting to try something new this and the Pasteur red (most believe they are the same strain) are a good next step. You do need to add around 2 tsp of nutrient early on and then I add a touch more about half way through.

I have other strains for other varietals arriving this week, but that's a different thread.

I racked my Sonoma Pinot Noir out of the primary into the secondary @.992 after 10 days in the Primary. Used the Lalvin EC-1118 that came with the kit.

Latest posts

Back