Cellar Craft 2010 CC LR Tannat

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vcasey

Reaction score
20110317_172141_DSCN5942_Deskto.JPG

Bottled, Labled, and put to bed. A little early for me, but it'll sit in the bottle for a couple of years before I decide to open even the split. I have a bit left over that we'll be sharing with a couple of friends on Saturday, can't wait because I didn't taste any when I bottled this one.

Looks delicious!!!
Two years before opening a split.. now that's perseverance!!!!!!!

Wade said:
Not even a taste???? Is that legal?????

I'm pretty sure it's not, but I bottled it after the cysers were kegged - my taste buds were fried and I didn't want to waste the wine.

Thats self control for sure. Looks great. At least give us some tasting notes from the left overs!

please do tell us how it tastes. I have this one on deck and am really excited about it.
smiley17.gif

Tannats take at least that long. I think waiting 2 year for split is about right. Then wait 6 months, take another split, and then another 6 months to see if it's ready. Most tannats take 4 to 5 years before they even taste them.

the Mayans suggest 2 years may be a bit too long.
smiley36.gif

Wow! This one got 3 thumbs up! With lots of blackberry (the fruit really pops out) and vanilla. As to be expected it is of course a bit rough around the edges, rough meaning still young. However really a very nice wine and I'm sure in a couple of years it's going to be even better.
My understanding is European Tannats take 4-5 years and South American take 2-3 years to develop. This one is from Uruguay so we'll see, but I have no problems waiting and then waiting some more. Depending on the Mayans....

Latest posts

Back