2007 - what do you have in production

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Brubakes,
I made the VR Riesling and it is very good. Starting another one today!!

Glad to have you!!

Ramona

3 White Zinfandel's
1 Zinfandel
1 Wild Maine Blueberry

20070120_115319_carboys_1_07.jpg

Sounds like White Zinfandel is popular at your place. Everybody seems to like it. Nice seeing Lilly again. By the way, how is your plain strawberry aging? I'm debating startin another one without anything else mixed in.

Ok since im pretty new here... here's my line up :D

and what is coming in my basement in the next month:

In carboy (secondary to bulk)
-Mosti Mondiale Renaissance Chianti
-Cellarcraft Amarone with Stavin Oak bean to tweak it a bit
-Cellarcraft Late Harvest riesling (that i will make 3 style out of it... dry, Late Harvest and Icewine style)
-Cellarcraft Zweiglt

Coming:
RJSpagnols Limited Bush Vine Grenache
2 x Cellarcraft L.E. Washington Red Mountain Cab Sauv.
Cellarcraft L.E. 2 Latitude Merlot
Cellarcraft L.E. South African Shiraz
Cellarcraft L.E Tempralino/Cab
Mosti Mondiale Meglioli Rojo Grande
2 kit of Mosti Mondiale La Bodéga Port
RJspagnols Grande Vieux Chateau du roi
and probably some WE Limited kit (if any available at my LHBS)

Of course I knit...but I bought the carboy covers on EBay...
smiley1.gif

My strawberry wine developed a aftertaste so I gave it away to some people who will drink anything...I'm not making anymore strawberry wine, and my dandelion wine tastes really bad, so we will see if aging can really turn a wine around...
smiley26.gif

AAASTINKIE said:
Of course I knit...but I bought the carboy covers on EBay...
smiley1.gif

My strawberry wine developed a aftertaste so I gave it away to some people who will drink anything...I'm not making anymore strawberry wine, and my dandelion wine tastes really bad, so we will see if aging can really turn a wine around...
smiley26.gif

Sorry to hear you didn't like your Strawberry Wine...We have always liked ours...but...I have always mixed it with other juices before fermenting...like apple juice or Red Grape concentrate....give it a try again...

david_québec said:
-Cellarcraft Late Harvest riesling (that i will make 3 style out of it... dry, Late Harvest and Icewine style)

I imagine the Late Harvest is off dry or semi sweet but how do you intend to make an Ice Wine style from a dry wine? Will you back sweeten a lot to get to a high SG like 1.060?

Coaster said:
david_québec said:

I imagine the Late Harvest is off dry or semi sweet but how do you intend to make an Ice Wine style from a dry wine? Will you back sweeten a lot to get to a high SG like 1.060?

hehehe i knew somebody would be interested in this triple in one
smiley2.gif

ok here i go (and i have checked with a Cellarcraft person to be sure i could do it.

First a Late harvest is very sweet. on a scale of 10 it's about 5, a ice wine is 10 and a off-dry/sweet wine is about 1 or 2 on the same scale.

First i ferment to dry. Bottle half the batch (15 bottles of Dry reisling)
Second i add half the pouch in half the remaining wine (giving me the target late harvest style. Now i bottle 7.5 bottles.

What do i do with about 1L of Fpack and a late harvest base? i mix all to a S.g of about 1.055 and now i have a Ice wine styleRiesling.
if i dont have enough of my 1L of Fpack i will add some conditionner but i should have enough with the Fpack (since the Late harvest come with a 2L Fpack)

The CC person told me the Dry riesling will be a bit longer to smooth out (no problem with that), the Late harvest should be by the book, and the ice wine should have a different taste than a typical icewine kit but should be in the same rank just a slighty different end product.

i have told the person that i will send a icewine bottle (well a sample) to have some feedback. there is a new instructuion for a yakima riesling i think that you tweak like you want it (dry off dry or sweet) thay give you all you need and you choose when you bottle.

i love those experience!

Same goes for my CC amarone with Staving beans!
cant wait to drink all of those
smiley4.gif
smiley9.gif

Just looking for an update... I've learned to sample at each stage and it seems that most of you should be ready to move to the next stage, so I'm curious to hear how things are going.

I just picked up a WE Yamhill Oregon Pinot Noir kit, so I'm especially interested how those are coming out, but all of the entries sound interesting. The more I read, the more I realize I have a lot to learn and taste!! Good stuff!

Primary:
6 gal rasperry wine

Secondary:
6 gal WE Oregon Yamhill Pinot Noir

Carboys ( at least until I need another carboy):
6 gal WE Italian Pinot Grigio
6 gal WE Symphony
5 gal Peach Mead

Plans:
Cranberry/Pomegranate Juice Wine

Wish List:
Jobe05's freezer!!!
Next planned kit Reisling maybe MM Alljuice

That was funny Doc
smiley36.gif

I'll have to take a picture of what I have in there later and post it for ya.

OK, here is my freezer! I never tought it would be so hard to get a clear picture in the freezer, but the camera lens kept frosting up. The freezer is a mess from me pawing all over everthing to get it all in there to begin with, but then getting stuff out........ which is a nightmere!

20070210_124841_freezer.jpg
20070210_124926_freezer_door.jpg

In there somewhere is 55# of Blackberries, some in bags like this, and 3 red folgers coffee things full.
20070210_125003_blackberry.jpg

Blue berries: About 21 pounds, I think there is 26, but couldn't find the other Bag. Although my wife did make blueberry pancakes the other day.
20070210_125037_blueberry.jpg

Waldos Favorite (and mine) 40 pounds of muscadine grapes, or cousine thereof.
20070210_125118_muscadine.jpg

Peaches, these are fresh picks from my trees, about 25 pounds.
20070210_125154_peach.jpg

Pumkin, 32 pounds, I thought I only had 27, but I forgot, my wife wanted 5 pounds for pies............ instead she takes my blueberries...... sigh
20070210_125225_pumkin.jpg

Strawberries. I have 2 6 p[ound bags from sams club. 1 more bag and I can make a 3 gallon batch.
20070210_125316_strawberry.jpg

Not shown is a couple of pounds of raspberries and about 18 pounds of figs from my fig tree. I have never tried a fig wine, but I heard it was good. All total, about an even 200 pounds of fruit left to ferment.

I also try to keep a few cans of frozen concemtrate on hand as well for back sweetening or adding extra body to gallon batches. I also try to keep a few of the seasonal concentrates on hand like cranberry, white grape Peach etc....

Edited by: jobe05

Load that freezer up and head on down jobe.Me ~n~ U got some wines to make podner

I'll bring my steamer and burner, we can fire up two batches at a time........

Very impressive Jobe. Do you keep food in your house to or just eat out every night!
smiley36.gif

We do eat out most nights. Between everyones schedule, and diets it's so much easier and cheaper in the long run. With some of the small down home cookig stablishments that we have here,the three of uscan get a decent dinner for around $30, most nights less. However we do have a freezer upstairs as well, and a fridge, for those special occassions when we do eat at home....... Oh yea, and for the milk.

Latest posts

Back