1st Bottling

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moose

Reaction score
We will be doing our 1st bottling tomorrow. It is the Vintner's Reserve Barolo and has been bulk aging in the basement for 3 months. Should we add 1/4 tsp of k-meta to it? I was going to rack it into a fermenter so I can bottle by using a spigot and bottle filler.

What a great occasion....

Rack to the bucket and use the bottling spigot and filler.....Yes to teh K-mets too.

Don't forget the photos.

Will take some pictures today of the bottling. I see the 1/4 tsp was for 5 gallons, is that sufficient for the 6 gallons also?

Turned out to be a good day for bottling with the weather going on. Here are some pictures of the occasion. It was quite fun.

This is the Mrs. after using her new corker to cork our very first bottle of wine. She found it very easy to use. Had put some rubber feet on it which help alot.

20080426_190056_100_0705_Small.jpg

Ended up with 29 bottles.

20080426_190438_100_0706_Small.jpg

My wife shrinking the caps. Those things work slick. Add a nice touch.

20080426_190724_100_0709_Small.jpg

The finished product. My wife made the labels also.

20080426_190946_100_0713_Small.jpg

It tastes pretty good. All went well today, the bottle filler only hung up a couple of times. The corker worked flawlessly. The shrink caps shrink faster than the blink of an eye and look very nice on the bottles, adds a nice finishing touch. Let them sit for another month before we try one.

Looks like a job well done...and nice labels too....I do remember that feeling " the first one done and in the bottle"....But even after so many [I haven't kept track] it still feels good...That's part of what makes this hobby so fun....Have fun and enjoy..
smiley32.gif

Great job moose. You arent playing around there, went right for the Italian floor corker. You have to use the hand corker 1st and struggle before you can just do stuff the easy way. All looks like it went well.

Great label!!
smiley20.gif
Congratulations on the first of many fine batches of wine!
smiley32.gif

Thanks very much everyone. And most importantly, thanks to all the fine people on this forum for adding the fun and enjoyment to this hobby.
smiley32.gif

smiley32.gif
Very nice! The rubber feet on the floor corker really do help, don't they? And they keep the floor intact too. Congrats!

Latest posts

Back