WineXpert 14 Hands Hot to Trot Red - Similar kit?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slurve

Junior
Reaction score
Much more familiar with white side of commercial wines and kits, but would love to make something similar to 14 Hands Hot to Trot Red. Realize it is a longshot but anyone familiar with this wine/style and have any input? I bleive the current vintage is a blend of Merlot, Syrah, Cab and Mourvèdre?

My favorite red to date has been the Selection Chilean Carmenere which is not unsimilar but I'm thinking there are closer options.

Thank you much
JP

I don't think there is any Mourvedre in that blend but perhaps they did snuck some in for the most recent release. Mainly Cab, Merlot and Syrah like you mention. The closest thing currently being offered from that AVA would be either the Wine Expert LR "Triumph" (Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot) or the Cellar Craft Showcase Yakima Valley Caberlot. Cab/Merlot blend. Also I believe this wine has just a tad of residual sugar so you might need to backsweeten it a hint and add sorbate to stabilize.

Latest posts

Back