106th annual Lincoln County (TN) Fair rules

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jswordy

Reaction score
I'm thinking about entering for the first time this year, so I looked up the rules:

All wine entries must be presented in 750 ML clear bottles, one bottle per entry. No labels or markings on bottles will be allowed. All entries must be non-commercial and produced from last year’s fruit crop.

1. Grape Red Dry
2. Grape Red Sweet
3. Grape White Dry
4. Grape White Sweet
5. Rose Sweet
6. Rose Dry
7. Blackberry Sweet
8. Blackberry Dry
9. Elderberry Sweet
10. Elderberry Dry
11. Muscadine Red Sweet
12. Muscadine Red Dry
13. Muscadine White Sweet
14. Muscadine White Dry
15. Fruit Sweet
16. Fruit Dry
17. Other Sweet (Note on entry for what it is made out of)
18. Other Dry (Note on entry for what it is made out of)
19. Best of Show all entries (Sweet)
20. Best of Show all entries (Dry)

I'm thinking about entering for the first time this year, so I looked up the rules:

All wine entries must be presented in 750 ML clear bottles, one bottle per entry. No labels or markings on bottles will be allowed. All entries must be non-commercial and produced from last year’s fruit crop.

1. Grape Red Dry
2. Grape Red Sweet
3. Grape White Dry
4. Grape White Sweet
5. Rose Sweet
6. Rose Dry
7. Blackberry Sweet
8. Blackberry Dry
9. Elderberry Sweet
10. Elderberry Dry
11. Muscadine Red Sweet
12. Muscadine Red Dry
13. Muscadine White Sweet
14. Muscadine White Dry
15. Fruit Sweet
16. Fruit Dry
17. Other Sweet (Note on entry for what it is made out of)
18. Other Dry (Note on entry for what it is made out of)
19. Best of Show all entries (Sweet)
20. Best of Show all entries (Dry)
go for it, jim....good luck.....from what i've read about some of your wines, i think they fit the criteria.....

Boatboy24 said:
How will they know it's yours? :)

i think what they mean is no label made by you persay...they will probably generate a generic type of label with the pertinent information such as maker, style of wine and vintage, possibly even category....

Jim good luck. No labels is pretty normal as they don't want any kind of identification on the bottles. When you submit them they'll assign them a code.

i think what they mean is no label made by you persay...they will probably generate a generic type of label with the pertinent information such as maker, style of wine and vintage, possibly even category....

Sorry, my sarcasm gets lost in print sometimes. :h

That's the part that boggles me. Half those categories shouldnt even be drinkable yet (reds), let alone judge-able

I hear ya on that one!

Um, I am willing to bet that rule is the easiest to CHEAT ON, too. Not that I will. I should have 3 or 4 viable entries, but I will have to wait until taste test time in August to see for sure.

There's people making wine around here who don't give a flip about contests. Some of them don't want their name associated with wine because they go to anti-alcohol churches, too. Had a friend enter a red two years ago that was his first-ever contest entry and won. I drank some; it was very good to my unsophisticated palate.

Latest posts

Back