10 lbs of Black Spanish - what to do?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddrod

Reaction score
A friend of mine gave me 10 lbs of Black Spanish grapes. What can I do with them? I do not feel like making 1 gallon of wine with it so I guess the question is what can I blend it with. My muscadines (red and bronze) will be ready in a month. Could I make a wine with the Black Spanish and some other grape concentrate variety? I also have 7lbs of frozen Blackberries. Could I combine these together?

Toddrod, I probably would crush them and freeze them along with the blackberries and then add either or both to the ripe muscadines. Might make an interesting wine.

A friend of mine gave me 10 lbs of Black Spanish grapes. What can I do with them? I do not feel like making 1 gallon of wine with it so I guess the question is what can I blend it with. My muscadines (red and bronze) will be ready in a month. Could I make a wine with the Black Spanish and some other grape concentrate variety? I also have 7lbs of frozen Blackberries. Could I combine these together?

ToddRodd,

Those choices sound like they would work together. Another option would be to ferment just the juice from the Black Spanish like you would for a white wine. This could be blended later with a white (I combine with Blanc Du Bois) to make a blush wine. I have also tasted a nice blend with a Riesling and Black Spanish.

Weimar Wine

Mike

I think I am leaning towards fermenting the blackberries and the Black Spanish together.

Latest posts

Back