Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just looked at the back end. We have 9285 registered users, 654 awaiting email confirmation and 108 banned users. Now of that 9285 quite a few of them could be spammers as it is not uncommon for a spammer to leave one spam post and move on. Spam Bots are the ones that leave post after post. Of the 654 awaiting email confirmation a huge majority of those may be spam bots that were caught in the email confirmation and or Coppa (sp) system. I may prune the system which eliminates any user from the system within a defined time frame to see what we have in terms of active readers of the forums.

Thats why when I took over this site I immediately asked Smurfe to stay on with me as he knows way more about this stuff then me. You do what yo can do Steve! :r

We also have 758 users that have not logged into the system in a year. Looking at their email addresses it looks like about 70% of these are spammers. The option to remove these users from the forums and system on a group basis is not available for us to use so I can not remove them and clean up the system. I could go through one by one but I don't have the time for that.

We also have 758 users that have not logged into the system in a year. Looking at their email addresses it looks like about 70% of these are spammers. The option to remove these users from the forums and system on a group basis is not available for us to use so I can not remove them and clean up the system. I could go through one by one but I don't have the time for that.

Steve?

Show me where the user list is and I will go through it .

Allie

Yeah it's great that we have 10,000 Plus members till now, Since I was watching from 7000 Plus and from then the members are really increasing day by day, Hope that we have got a good gang of members till now and in future there will be more to come :D

:b :b

Cheers

[/B]

Thats because Allie and Tom are all over them and have them gone by the time I get home from work or wherever Ive been. They hide the message frm you guys and I or Smurfe look at it and remove it permanently from this site. Its great having a few mods from different sides of the world as someones always up and on the site to monitor it and do what needs to be done. Great job you 2. I have no problem with people selling wine making equipment on this site or trying to.

Thanks Wade.
Its a pleasure to help out on my OBSESSION.
F Y I.
I now am back up to 21 carboys aging. 9 are just the last few months fruit wines.

Heres a pic of my wine making station at the minute and i still have crab apples, regular apples, black berries, and peaches coming into season. I think Im going to have to bottle some of the 1's that are done!!!!!!!!!!!
Picture-1.jpg

Nice setup, sure wish I had the room for that and with piped in music no less.

Muscadine season is here and have been picking for a week or so. It shouldn't be long before I start the fermentation process.

This year will be hard to tell as I have very limited production due to a fungal plant disease. Generally speaking it takes 1gal grapes for a gallon of wine. I've picked 10gals so far and expect 40-60gals more. The fungal problem combined with a herbicide over spray has cut my production in half. Normally I'll take what I want and sell the rest but I doubt I'll have any to sell this year.

1-1 ratio, is that pure juice or do these get diluted because of high TA?

[/B]

Thats because Allie and Tom are all over them and have them gone by the time I get home from work or wherever Ive been. They hide the message frm you guys and I or Smurfe look at it and remove it permanently from this site. Its great having a few mods from different sides of the world as someones always up and on the site to monitor it and do what needs to be done. Great job you 2. I have no problem with people selling wine making equipment on this site or trying to.

thankyou Wade :D

Allie

1-1 ratio, is that pure juice or do these get diluted because of high TA?
As you stated due to high TA it's difficult to use pure juice without jumping through hoops trying to reduce the acid. The normal recipe calls for 6#/gal but I've bumped it up to 7 1/2#/gal for a more robust flavor. For a sweet wine you could push it even higher.

Why is it reading 5,756 members now? I dont really care how many members it says as long as we have good members as we do, just curious.

Maybe the owner pruned the member list. I was going to but couldn't fine the controls. Pruning is basically eliminating anyone on the forum who hasn't logged into the forums a specific area of time. I used to go a year.

Latest posts

Back