1/2 cup water or wine with meta and sorbate

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WineBear

Junior
Reaction score
Is it better to mix the Metabisulphate and the sorbate with the 1/2 cup of water or can I mix it with some of the wine reserve and add it back into the wine that way? I have a Vintners reserve ( Liebfraumilch). I am concerned about the taste with the water added so I was thinking that if I'm saving two cups that I could use it to mix these in with. I'm new to this as are a few others and I 've been reading alot of what you all have to say. Very knowledgeable, and thank you.
smiley32.gif

You can extract some wine and mix it in and then add it back, just make sure everything you use to do this is sanitized.

Regardless of what you mix it in, just make sure it's completely dissolved before adding it to your wine.

Yes, you can mix it with the reserved wine but the water will be no issue. Wine Expert allows for the water additions with their concentration levels of the juice. What I have always done is add the sorbate AND the K-Meta together in a bit if water. You can use smaller amounts like 1/4 cup if it is a real concern. Like Joan said, just make sure they are dissolved good first.

You can use water or wine, but don't use part of the F pack. It will be way too thick and syrupy to adequately dissolve the chemicals.

Latest posts

Back