Zinfandel: how do you prefer to oak it?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh- and I think our boy Fred isn’t gonna have any issues with the quantity needed for ability to age. We witnessed his addiction spiral out of control throughout 2018!
I think he spiraled out of control while he was making his first batch. I remember him talking barrel purchases before his first wine was bottled! I love how this hobby sucks you in and takes control of your life so quickly...

I think he spiraled out of control while he was making his first batch. I remember him talking barrel purchases before his first wine was bottled! I love how this hobby sucks you in and takes control of your life so quickly...

Sure does. But this forum was the catalyst for me. I made wine for years as just a fun hobby I did once a year. And it was only after I had an issue and needed to do some research did I find WMT and started to get fully sucked in.
Having a welcoming community to learn from and bounce ideas off of really changed everything for me. And actually Craig you were the first one to respond to me on a personal level- noticing my Eagles shot glasses. And here I am 2,700 posts later lol.

And actually Craig you were the first one to respond to me on a personal level- noticing my Eagles shot glasses. And here I am 2,700 posts later lol.
Hah, and they say that Eagles fans are the worst! Shows what they all know!

I do agree, this is a great place to learn how to make good wine. Now if I could just take all I've learned and apply it one day...

Back