Yeast Question.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danml

Reaction score
Doing a 1 gallon of plum and will add the yeast today....before the game. My question is, should I break down the amount of yeast used by 1/5th or just add the whole packet ?

Dan

Doing a 1 gallon of plum and will add the yeast today....before the game. My question is, should I break down the amount of yeast used by 1/5th or just add the whole packet ?

Dan

Use the whole sachet. They are intended for batches 1-6g.

If you have another batch that will be started in the next week then you can divide it in half but if there is nothing in the very near future then just dump it all in.

Yea I know it blows to use a whole pack of yeast on 1 gallon but as Wade said, use the entire pak unless you intend to use it soon.

I keep all of my yeast in the refrigerator with my liquid pectic enzyme. When I'm at the wine store I pick up a few so I always have different Lalvin brands on hand. You never know when you are going to need one, or two and our stores are closed Sunday and Monday and don't open until 11:30

Seems I'm always doing wine on a Sunday like right now, I just rehydrated a pack and need to add it to two 3 gallon batches.

Thanks everyone. Will dump the whole packet in. Not doing anything soon so no need to keep it. Got enough full carboys sitting around right now. :h

Thanks again. Dan

Back