Yeast help.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marshall

Reaction score
I will be making a few simple batches from prepared juice(apple, cranberry ect.) and frozen concentrate. I want it sweet, highest ABV possible, and it will ferment at an average of 77f. What is the best yeast( dry in foil packs)?

Use 1118 then back sweeten to taste. I use 1118 to make 16%PA sugar washes. Never fails to ferment dry. It is rated for 18% And even higher if spoon fed. It never fails for me at 16%

I use 1118 and ferment dry. I would add sugar as you go and nutrients . When it has eatin all the sugar it can add more sugar and turbo yeast. If you feed turbo yeast the same way you can get close to 22%. I have done this several times. By adding turbo yeast at end you will avoid most of the off flavors.

I use 1118 and ferment dry. I would add sugar as you go and nutrients . When it has eatin all the sugar it can add more sugar and turbo yeast. If you feed turbo yeast the same way you can get close to 22%. I have done this several times. By adding turbo yeast at end you will avoid most of the off flavors.

Please explain turbo yeast. I would like to hear more.

Latest posts

Back