Yay Winnipeg!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vernsgal

Just me
Reaction score
So glad to see you guys have hit the +'s finally in your weather! Wear your honor badges proudly!!

Lol! I went out in my bare feet for a couple of minutes - just to enjoy it! +3 Celsius WOO-HOO!!!

:try

It totally did!

Funny, but when we moved into this house 2 years ago it was mid-end of March and people were sitting outside in the back yard in lawn chairs having a beer. This year there is still four feet of snow + back there!

We did that today in front of a bonfire on snow - we're Canadians! Where were U born and raised Rae? Just curious!

I just feel so bad for y'all. I'd go completely nuts if I couldn't go out and play for months at a time.

haha! I was born in Winnipeg and lived the 1st 8 years of my life there! I remember some nasty winters. Then we moved to New Brunswick and had some even more nastier winters. Here in Vancouver I've been declimatized for the snow and now we're moving to the interior and I'm going to have to get used to it again

To all our "Maple Leafs" up there..

You guys make me ashamed of myself.

To think that I felt like I had it bad with New Jersey weather. I keep forgetting about you nice folks up there.

Think warm thoughts!

johnT.

We did that today in front of a bonfire on snow - we're Canadians! Where were U born and raised Rae? Just curious!

Hey Carolyn,
I'm a Winnipegger born and raised!

So funny, you see people walking around in shorts and t-shirts now that 'spring has come'. +3 and everyone goes mad!

Now we just need to wait for the ice on the river to start breaking up. If you have a minute, google "Selkirk Bridge in Spring". You'll see what the water under the bridge in my hometown does to the road every spring :)

Wowzers.
selkirk3.JPG

Lol, the highway has to close down every spring for several weeks. All the people on 'the other side of the bridge' have to detour a good 15-20 minutes to go the other way around.

It's really quite an incredible sight!

Lol, the highway has to close down every spring for several weeks. All the people on 'the other side of the bridge' have to detour a good 15-20 minutes to go the other way around.

It's really quite an incredible sight!

Why don't they just take a bulldozer and push that off the road? Seems like it could be all cleared up in one day.

Actually, this is only what's left behind.

This picture shows what it's like during spring flooding (from the Winnipeg Free Press)

povbreezy04.jpg

Ya that's bad eh?? I remember going there once to train some ladies and just before landing I saw everything so flooded and the ladies told me that's every spring. I think I saw a few canoes too.

I think a lot more places are going to see flooding this Spring because of the excessive snow they got this winter.

Back