X-71 Experimental Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats hilarious and you are demented and thats why we love you Frank. Thats a great label. Did you ever get to taste this one?

I'm going to make a new batch soon, but keep it at 12%, but I also want to try to make an ice style wine with welches also, thats what I started to do with the X-71 but never sweetened it.

We had a bottle at Ramona's house, but I mixed mine with juice and Ramona fell asleep...lol

smiley36.gif
Probably more like passed out!

ASTINKIE, out of curiosity, what if you just used only the concentrate and not the prediluted gallons? Would that give you more grape in less volume so you could stick with 5 gallons and not have to keep raising the volume while trying to get more juice? I have been looking for a strong welches recipie to try for fun, I like your idea of putting a lot of juice into it. Crackedcork

AAASTINKIE, are you planning on 4 or 5 cans to the gallon to start off with? THanks, Crackedcork

Started my second batch of X-71 the other day, also started a batch of fastdrinkingwine.com (10% ABV Welches).

20080108_073509_X-71_017.jpg

I added the acid blend as per my former instructions and wound up with way too much acid when I tested it and had to put the calcium to it, I have the X-71 on oak chips now for a few months.
20080304_085050_rack_to_oak_008.jpg

The X-71 was bottled yesterday, it finished at SG 1.014 with around 17% Alcohol, my wine expert tester and sweetheart says it's a Port so that's what we called it. I also have a Spagnols Port kit fermenting now and will enjoy comparing the taste when they are done I also will include a bottle of red ice wine in the tasting, the ice wine kit and port kit are around $77 each for 3 gallons and the X-71 was $65 for 6.5 gallons.

20080329_050612_port.jpg

Back