WineXpert WV Italian Pinot Grigio

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vscottcolorado

Reaction score
I started a WV Italian Pinot Grigio on Sunday. Starting SG was only 1.066.
Does this seem to low? Tested several times, but went ahead and pinched the yeast.

Seems very low. Could be perhaps that just maybe it was not mixed as well as it could have been. Happens sometimes.
VC

+1. I would suggest stirring well. If the must wasn't mixed quite well enough initially, the yeast will have a tough time when it tries to ferment the more concentrated must at the bottom of the pail.

Getting some snow today?

About 3" and 29 degrees. 2 weeks ago went to a 5:30 kick off, Air Force vs TCU. Freezing rain/snow, 20 degrees. Football weather. 2 days later 79. Go figure.

Pinot is cooking pretty well. Would you go ahead and stir now, 2 days in primary.

Scott

vscottcolorado said:
Pinot is cooking pretty well. Would you go ahead and stir now, 2 days in primary.

Scott
It should be fermenting by now. You should be able to hear it fizzing away. Yes stir it up real well!

Go Navy, by the way!

I just transferred this same kit from the primary to carboy. Mine started at 1.086. Took almost 3 days to get really fizzin. Also took 10 days to reach 1.004. Everything looks good though, just a slow learner. Also not a lot of yeast smell with this one.

We didn't get any snow in North Boulder - just rain

I did this same kit back in April. Starting SG was 1.086. It came out great. To be honest I can't remember if I stirred it after adding the water or not. Itwas really cooking after 24 hrs. Just stirred it and it is back cooking a little slower but it has been 4 days now in primary. I'd like to say Go Buffs, but since my son is at CSU it might be a little inappropriate.

Latest posts

Back