• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB small neutral oak barrels

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://oakbarrelsltd.com/

Free shipping with orders over $250. Shipping barrels can be really expensive nowadays, so this is likely a really good deal, even though the barrels can likely be found cheaper elsewhere.

Hard to say. But if it leaks, you could pull it out and drive a bung in there.

Hard to say. But if it leaks, you could pull it out and drive a bung in there.

Your correct, I called they said they'd send a bung with order. I am going to try one. If I like them I'll order more.
Thanks again for the reply.

I look forward to hearing about your experience. I can easily spend a quick $250 there if they work out well for you.

http://oakbarrelsltd.com/

Free shipping with orders over $250. Shipping barrels can be really expensive nowadays, so this is likely a really good deal, even though the barrels can likely be found cheaper elsewhere.

Those aren't neutral, though; right?

Looks like their 20L barrel is ~$175. That's about the same as a 23 liter Vadai barrel.

Those aren't neutral, though; right?

Looks like their 20L barrel is ~$175. That's about the same as a 23 liter Vadai barrel.

Correct, they are not neutral, and the price is the same or very close to it. I was hoping to find some neutral barrels for the discount. I am calling to check on the Vadai today. I thought they were on backorder, so I'll check to make sure. The free shipping does sound good though.:h

My $0.02 here. I would never buy a barrel with a spigot. There is no need/use for a spigot and its just another source for leaks or breakage if you bump into it hard enough. To me these barrels are designed for spirits etc. Plus they are American Oak. Make sure you love, love, love yourself some American Oak cause a little of it goes a long way. I may have 1-2 (23L) Vadai's (neutral) up for sale sometime later this year. I am trying out Flextanks right now and I may be willing to part with several barrels if the Flextanks perform as advertised.

My $0.02 here. I would never buy a barrel with a spigot. There is no need/use for a spigot and its just another source for leaks or breakage if you bump into it hard enough. To me these barrels are designed for spirits etc. Plus they are American Oak. Make sure you love, love, love yourself some American Oak cause a little of it goes a long way. I may have 1-2 (23L) Vadai's (neutral) up for sale sometime later this year. I am trying out Flextanks right now and I may be willing to part with several barrels if the Flextanks perform as advertised.

Thanks. First dibs?

I look forward to hearing about your experience. I can easily spend a quick $250 there if they work out well for you.

Ordered both, the Vadai and the American Oak will let you know what I experience, I'll be pullin the spigot and pluggin the hole in the latter. Later :h

Back