RJ Spagnols Wow Cru Select Black Cherry Pinot Noir

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevin_405

Junior
Reaction score
Tried the wine making kits for the first time.. basically ordered it from the wine making store and they made it for me.

All i did was bottle it and have to say it was one of the best wines i have ever had, my wife liked it , We split it 3 ways with a couple of friends and one of them loved it.

For 3.50 a bottle it has to be way better than the LCBO wines we get here.

Welcome !

Nice the store did everything for you. Did they charge you? Now that you can see how easy it is try the next batch yourself.

I dont think they make a Cru Select Black Cherry Pinot! They do make a Orchard Breezin Black Cherry Pinot.

Hi Kevin - welcome to the forum; this is a great place to learn all about wine making.
You must be referring to the Orchard Breezin Black Cherry Pinot Noir are you - one of the sweeter mist kits? These kits are great for starting out and for easy drinking.
The Cru Select California Pinot Noir is a larger kit and makes a wonderful wine; I've made it many times. As Tom says, you can now start thinking of getting into the making it yourself part. Then you will be able to make the bigger kits for the same $3.50 /bottle.

Did they charge you?
You betcha they did. Unless Kevin is the store owner's long lost favourite brother.

Now that you can see how easy it is try the next batch yourself.
All he did was bottle, probably with an Enolmatic or Fill Jet filler. Not a very good representation of the work involved. ANd the store is very unlikely to encourage Kevin to make wine at home. They want their On Premises fee.

Unfortunately many of the FoP stores do not seem to want business from the home winemaker. They don't carry equipment and are reluctant/slow to order what you request. Fortunately there are some good stores around.

Steve

Latest posts

Back