Would this work???

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reilly

Reaction score
I have an old aspirator pump in my parents garage that I think I can use as a degasser and racking tool. Anyone every used one before?? It can pull
-22hg which should be more than enough. I would have to get an overflow tank but that is reasonable and maybe a bypass valve.

Thoughts??

Thanks. I guess I did not search the forum with the correct term and back to 2009...

Reilly, here is my set up for racking, filtering and bottling. I bought the pump on line at eBay and exchanged the plastic overflow container with a Buchner flask. I bought some bottling attachments from Vaccuumpumpman and it works great.

100_0381.jpg

100_0382.jpg

100_0383.jpg

100_0384.jpg

I just purchased from Ebay a NICE DRIVE MEDICAL HEAVY DUTY SUCTION MACHINE ASPIRATOR PUMP that will get to 23in hg. It does not have a canister or tubing but that is just fine by me. I can pick up the necessary equipment for less than $20 and will have a fully operational racking, filtering and bottling system for $100

I just purchased from Ebay a NICE DRIVE MEDICAL HEAVY DUTY SUCTION MACHINE ASPIRATOR PUMP that will get to 23in hg. It does not have a canister or tubing but that is just fine by me. I can pick up the necessary equipment for less than $20 and will have a fully operational racking, filtering and bottling system for $100
Those Drive pumps are very good! Make sure there is a hydrophobic filter in between the vacuum hose and the pump to remove any residual moisture from getting into the pump. I use to sell the Drive pumps on here alot.

Latest posts

Back