WineXpert World Vinyard Washington Merlot

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgmann67

Rennaisance Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I swapped a couple bottles with a kit winemaker in a neighboring county the other day. One was a World Vinyard Malbec (bottled this past May and not nearly ready to consume) and the other a World Vinyard Washington State Merlot (which was bottled in October 2014 and was in its prime). The wine I gave him will need to sit in the rack for another 3-6 months, at least.

Since we were having London broil for dinner last night, we popped the cork on the Merlot and gave it a whirl. I understand that the kit was made completely to spec with no tweaks. And, I was very pleasantly surprised with the quality and drinkability. Not terribly complex. But, fruit on the nose, dark garnet color with medium body, fruit forward on the palate... an easy choice as an everyday red table wine.

I'll admit I had serious reservations in a kit that starts with 12L of concentrate. But, using spring water and following the directions produces something well beyond just "acceptable." It was down right good.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back