WineXpert World Vineyard French Cabernet

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbarer

Junior
Reaction score
20080319_105244_wine.jpg

Anyone else make this kit, I bottled last night (see pic) after 1 month ageing in the Carboy. A little harsh but definately drinkable, I was suprised at its taste as I expected it to be thin and bland. Oh and thanks to everyone on this site as I learned a couple of key tricks the biggest was in using the brake bleeder to deair, I am convinced no matter how hard you try it is not possible to completely deair without one. Also the cheap bottle filler that comes in the kit rocks and a heat gun works great on shrink caps. And for labels go to Neato.com and use their mediafaceonline program its free if you buy their labels......

Edited by: bbarer

Looks great bbarer. Glad you found the hints helpful. Now start another batch and let some of these age a bit and you will be really impressed at how they taste.

What kind of glue do they use on the label paper, are they pre-gummed and need to be moistened or are they peel and stick? Is it glossy paper? Your batch looks great and we want to see a close-up of your label please. Glad you liked the brake bleeder.
Edited by: wade

Those look great. We will be doing our very 1st bottling in April. Thanks for the label information. I stopped on the way home from work and bought myself a Mity-Vac. Try that out on our next batch. Oh, welcome to the forum also.

I do have 2 other batches going and the labels are glossy paper and peel and stick. They do not seem that aggresive as I had to pull a couple off and restick them after apparently putting them on with one eye closed. I'll post a close up of the label when I get a chance. It is a sunset taken outside my house over a place called Sunset Cove hence my quasiwinery name of Sunset Cellars.....Corny huh...

great looking ,need to be a little more patient,if you can let it set a little longer in the final stage some of that harhness is acidic and will desipate with time great looking finish product,looks like a pro

I started this kit back in December and when I did my first racking, it tasted like it was over oaked and was quite harsh. It's been a few months since my last tasting, but I've heard that age does wonders for this kit.

Yep, I can wait! That's why since then I've started another 5 kits. The bigger stockpile I have going forward, the more patience I'll have with new kits that need plenty of time to age. That said, I do believe that kit manufacturers should tone down their claims a bit as far as being ready to drink as fast as they claim. I wouldn't have served what I tasted to my worst enemy after only a month of aging.
smiley36.gif

well thats advetising for you,but thats why were here,and with that many kits that should be a great why to start a cellar,time in a bottle do you remember that song ,so true,if not find it

Make that 6 kits + the WE French Cabernet! My CC Amarone w/Super grape pack just arrived and I'm about to rack my WE Corvina Classico Di Vento (Crushendo kit) this evening. Anyone make this one yet? I've heard great things about it, so I have high expectations for it and the CC Amarone.

Back