Woooo Hooo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where? We are jonesing for lobster!
Had some while in Cape May last week, awesome.

Steve

A supermarket chain called Shop-Rite.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which truck, which exit ramp do they fall out the back of? :sm

I have "a guy". You just NEED to remember to NEVER COMPLAIN that they are too small!!!

images

As promised, we had lobster on Saturday.

The store had a bin of them on Ice. I guess that the were being sold so fast a tank was not needed.

MAN WERE THEY ALIVE!!! We almost had to club them to get them into the bag.

My brother has a fantastic method of cooking lobster. He uses one of those "turkey fryer/clam bake" set ups but only uses about 2 inches of water to steam them. He then cooks them for what seems to me to be a very short time (felt like 10 minutes).

OH MAN!!! best lobster ever! Meat was sweet, soft, and tender! YUM! they were PERFECTLY cooked (nothing worse than a rubbery, over cooked lobster).

I contributed by whipping up a 2 pound shrimp cocktail (shrimp was also on sale) as an appetizer. I like to make my own cocktail sauce. I also made some roasted tomatoes, corn on the cob, and boiled/roasted new potatoes.

PIC 1: It was VERY hot on Saturday so we brought a cooler of ice with us to the store. Kept them on ice until the "appointed hour".

PIC 2: My niece always insists that "those who are about to die" get at least some fresh air. I though it to be a bit disrespectful, but I got overruled.

Pic 3-4: When cooked, my brother likes to crack each claw, then run scissors down the bottom of tail. He then flips them over to drain.

IMG_20160813_191808_425.jpg

IMG_20160813_193243_601.jpg

IMG_20160813_194219_825.jpg

IMG_20160813_194259_704.jpg

Latest posts

Back