Woohoo...it begins!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PamNoir

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

As I wrote on my profile, I have unexpectedly stumbled into this elusive brewing world with a carboy, half a Pinot Noir kit, and more questions than answers.

I am here and have already started the first batch of the rest of my life :)

Please feel free to offer any tips, pearled wisdom, or sage advice that you wished someone would have imparted to you!

Thanks in advance for all the help this forum is undoubtedly going to provide

PamNoir

Hi everyone!

As I wrote on my profile, I have unexpectedly stumbled into this elusive brewing world with a carboy, half a Pinot Noir kit, and more questions than answers.

I am here and have already started the first batch of the rest of my life :)

Please feel free to offer any tips, pearled wisdom, or sage advice that you wished someone would have imparted to you!

Thanks in advance for all the help this forum is undoubtedly going to provide

PamNoir

What is a "half a pinot noir kit"

Is 1/2 the kit pinot noir and the other half some other grape?
or
is it really 1/2 a kit (IE: 6 gallon kit, 1/2 of which is 3 gallon and you would just have a 3 gallon kit)

Either way, welcome,
best of luck
and
enjoy the journey!

Last edited:
I only had the wine concentrate in two metals cans for a 5 gallon batch with very basic instructions. I had to read up on everything else and find all ingredients. Since I don't know anyone who makes wine and never thought about it before, it was its own experience altogether. Finally after weeks of reading, I decided to take the plunge. If wine can be made in toilet in prison, surely I can manage a yummy batch with all this information at my finger tips. I think I am guilty of 'over-thinking' it!

I don't recommend the toilet technique.... Never tried it ... just saying!

PamNoir, Welcome to WMT. Keep us posted on your wine adventures. Bakervinyard

Welcome to a great forum PamNoir; lots of experienced winemakers on here to help you on this journey. Hope you are able to share your experiences as well. Where in NS are you?

Thank you so much everyone! I am so excited to go further with this. I am near Truro, but am originally from the Oregon USA. Any other transplants on here :)

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Ah, now I see.. Dugger you are also in NS! This is my first winter here, and I just can't believe it's snowing in April! The first warm evening with a glass of red on the deck will be very appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Ah, now I see.. Dugger you are also in NS! This is my first winter here, and I just can't believe it's snowing in April! The first warm evening with a glass of red on the deck will be very appreciated.

Well, normally I would have been out fishing yesterday with the opening of the season but it doesn't look like I'll be out anytime soon.
Last year you would have loved April - definitely wine on the deck then!

Back