WINTER WONDERLAND

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well...today was beautiful, exceptionally warm and sunny...melting going on like crazy.

Saw a lot of fishes today, many small Northern Pike [did bring a small one home to eat] We are only allowed to spear Northern Pike. Saw a huge Crappie, a nice size Bass, Bull heads and many little Sunfish...

SunfishSmall.jpg

I didn't have any bait for the Sunfish, but I did snag a couple with my jig...

scrubsSmall.jpg

Neighbors walked over before dark and invited us to a fish fry...

smellsgoodSmall.jpg

readySmall.jpg

It was great...

We have to stay home tomorrow and take care of business...got to order my garden seeds and plants ..... and order fertilizer for the fields ....then back to the lake.

Life is Good!!!

Was another beautiful day today...Upper 40's is a beautiful day in these parts....
smiley4.gif

The birds were very active...
bjaySmall-1.jpg
nuthSmall.jpg
chickdeeSmall.jpg
grossbeakSmall.jpg

The little critters were also active....

"Yo...Waaz-Up"
waaazupSmall.jpg

Everyone is enjoying the heated waterer...

redatwaterSmall.jpg
greyatwaterSmall.jpg

Hope the fish are as active tomorrow...

Nw,

I know you are really enjoying that camera. How do you get the pictures side by side?

It is so great to come home from work and be able to look out your window and enjoy the wildlife. Cement and steel are not always to pretty, althought I have a few places in mind to take pictures of while waiting for spring to start blooming here.....in about a month and a half!!

Ramona

Edited by: rgecaprock

Is that red and white fish thing just a decoy to attract the fish so you can spear them.....I know nothing of ice spear/fishing but would love to someday.

Ramona

Ramona...Yes...the red and white thing is a decoy....we have all sorts of them in many shapes and colors...Like fishing tackle...it mostly attracts the person who buys them. The fish are curious and come in to look...then we toss a spear through their necks...kids gross...but we did eat fish tonight...no trophies or any with bragging rights...just the good eating kind.

I Post the photos with no spaces between them...takes up less room on this Forum...I kind of hog up a lot of space here.
I am really enjoying the camera...the photos taken in the yard are form out on the porch, taken through a double pane window, just a 15X auto zoom and then I retouch them inside the camera....so neat to see the critters up close and personal...It seems they know I am in here...they always seem to be looking this way.

Can hardly wait for spring and see the flowers and bugs.....

What camera do you use...manual or auto???

rgecaprock said:
It is so great to come home from work and be able to look out your window and enjoy the wildlife.

That is so true...... It means so much that you are sharing your part of the landscape with us........... And what a beautiful landscape it is........

However...... if you sleep in the shed you put out on the lake, I wouldn't want to roll out of bed at night! BBRRRrrrrrr...........

My camera is auto and manual. I just have alot to learn about how to make adjustments. Most of my adjustments are done after the fact with the software program and now th PaintShop Pro X2 which I have alot to learn about too.
But I love taking pictures and seeing others pictures..it is surprising what you can capture.

RamonaEdited by: rgecaprock

Yes...and then you can play with your photos...for your own personal pleasure.

ADONIS...THEFOX SQUIRREL...
GOODLOOKING.jpg
Edited by: Northern Winos

I thought those squirrels had a reddish tint to them. I thought you had some filter set on the camera there NW. We don't have those critters around here, just plain ole gray and red squirrels.

The last couple of days have been nice around here, but today takes the prize. It has been mostly sunny today and at noon when I checked, it was 66 degrees. At that rate it might hit 70 today! The snow level has been dropping steadily and is down to about a foot deep. Tonight and tomorrow back to reality. The high will be about 40 and dropping steadily from there. I guess this is our yearly January thaw.

Appleman....we have Grey Squirrels, Fox Squirrels and Reds...the Reds have a Grey chest and belly, they are smaller, everyone shoots them because they chase the others away. Occasionally there are Black Squirrels, some sort of mutation of the Grey's...Like the white Squirrels in other states.

Our January thaw is over...the temp has been dropping all day and we are shocked in with dense fog [as opposed to smart fog] It's back to reality up on De-range.

Lots of fish cruising through the hole today...I got some wax-worms and did my best to hook the biggest Sunfish...I only got 6, the biggest ones are smart ...we also brought home about a 4 1/2# Northern Pike.

Life remains Good!!!

The fog lifted today and left a frosty landscape...

spruceSmall.jpg
oldtreeSmall-2.jpg
frostSmall.jpg
bushSmall.jpg
bspruceSmall.jpg
bittersweetSmall.jpg

It was warm and the birds were active....maybe some snow tonight...

twopolesSmall.jpg
jaywaterSmall.jpg

NW those pictures you people are taking are truely worthy of a mag.
smiley2.gif
I still need to learn alot about this electronic age stuff,I'll get there,great photos guy's
smiley20.gif

Those trees look cool with the frost on them. That must have bben some serious fog to leave all that frost!

Finally, after sitting for several days an see only tiny fish, and angling a few pan-fish......we got to bring home some meat...7 1/2# Northern Pike.

sevenandhalfSmall.jpg

With the cost of gasoline, propane for the heat...the shelter license, spearing license...etc...etc...This is some very expensive meat.

When we drove in the yard a Ruffled Grouse was in the tree eating ornamental crabapples....getting ready for the coldest night of the year to date.

grouseSmall.jpg

Life remains Good!!!Edited by: Northern Winos

Back