Winter Storm

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julie

Reaction score
Hope everyone who has already had this storm pass thru your area are fine. My daughter lives in Indiana and she just texted me that the bank that she works it closed down because of the weather.

We are expected to get about 8" of snow thru the course of today, thank God the freezing rain will be south of us.

got lucky here (St. Louis MO), less than 1/2 inch but windy.
Just heard on the news, just across the river in Il. they got 8", a few miles away they got just a dusting. go figure.

Last edited:
We drove across Arkansas through wind, rain and ice yesterday. No problems, but it wasn't fun!

2-3 inches of snow in Dallas on Christmas Day! It's not often we have a White Christmas, so it was pretty special. I had to open another bottle of Chianti to celebrate.

Pouring Rain

Please let the driving rain stop long enough to get the new water heater from the car around back and over the rocky path of the pond and under the house in the crawl space
Pond is flooded, so much rain the overflow could not keep up!
Not fun boiling pots and pans of water to wash holiday dishes, let alone no hot showers here!

Wintry mix here. It keeps going between snow, sleet and freezing rain.

Nothing going on here yet except cold temps. It is 10 degrees right now, but will warm slowly until tonight when it begins to snow, continuing through tomorrow. 10-15 inches expected right here. I am not looking forward to that.

Northern Indiana Report, the snow has been falling now for about an hour, so far nothing spectacular but they are saying it's gonna get much worse.

So far in the Columbus area, we have been fortunate. There is a lot of snow west, north and east of us and we have only light flurries with about 1/2" in the ground.

it has been snowing here non stop for about an hour and a half, looks like close to 2" already. LOL, seen two different salt trucks go down the road about 2 hours ago, when it was not snowing and haven't seen them since.

Julie our youngest daughter and her family lives in Indianapolis in the blizzard zone. Everything is closed. Her friend was in Wal-Mart 30 minutes early this morning and 2 inches of snow fell in 30 minutes! Everything is closed and cancelled. Son-in-law's work cancelled....

My daughter is just south of there, in Bloomington. Lol, you know it is bad when the banks close!

I saw on the Weather Channel that Bloomington has 18 inches so far!

I'm about 20 miles south of Julie and we are getting pummeled right now. I will put the new snow blower together, but forgot to get gas for it.

SOOOOOOO..... time to start the Cranberry Lime Skeeter Pee today.....

18"! Holy Crap. We have about 4" and it is snowing big flakes and fast, it is actually very pretty, especially since I am not going out into this!

Feel sorry for you folks, but not going to say "wish I was there." Pushed enough snow last week to last for a while, hope it melts some before we get any more. Arne.

At the risk of everyone hating me.... It is sunny and 70 degrees in Beautiful Southwest Florida!

Latest posts

Back