Winexpert Shrink Capsules

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not used my stock yet. I am ordering some splits from George and would use the wax on them. I think that the shrink closures are abit too large for the splits. I also ordered an embossing small tool for $9.00 on line with my initial. The same tool that "letter writers use on their envelopes when they seal the flap. Anyway here's the current instructions that I have to use the wax. (Apparently, 1-block with do approx. 30 bottles.

Cut the wax in cubes to fit a narrow can like "Campbell's Soup." You need three (3) cans, one for the wax, two to support the can w/wax.

Use a clothes pin to connect the cans to together to prevent the can of wax from tilting. Place all three(3) cans in a pot on the stove with some water in the pot (Not much, just enough to start the wax to melt. Add water as needed, be careful NOT to pour the water into the hot wax. As the wax melts, add more wax to approx. the height you want (half-way up the can) keeping the water in the pot at very low heat will keep the wax hot.

Holding the corked bottle of wine up-side down, dip the bottle into the can of wax and as you remove the bottle approaching the tip, give the bottle a gentle "twist" to finish off the top. Now is the time to add that embosser if you would want....Done. "Sounds easy? I don't know yet!

Wow.
smiley5.gif

I think I'm going to stick to the shrinky-caps!
smiley36.gif
If I would attempt that, I think I'd end up in the hospital.
smiley36.gif

Never made briar wine. Nor do I intend to. But, I'm still staying away from the waxed bottle-tops.

now where was your mind?!?
smiley9.gif

I would just end up making a big mess, I think. I am very clumsy sometimes, and burn mywelf often when I cook, so...

Note to anyone new like me...get a rolling boil before dipping the bottle in to shrink the caps, they don't shrink in hot water very well.

I just hold mine over an old fashioned tea kettle. The steam works very well and it keeps you away from the boiling water. Use a long knife to hold the shrink wrap in place until it shrinks.

Wow George,

Steam and sanitation all in one application.
smiley32.gif
Stinkie, super boiling hot water is dangerous, especially holding a good bottle of wine and you gotta let go...nah
smiley6.gif

I use an electric water cooker. It is energy efficient, and you don't have to heat up a lot of water. They are not deep, but deep enough to shrink one of those caps. The bottle doesn't get too hot either. For me, it's a good way to do it.

Martina, please expand on "Electric WaterCooker?" Sorry, I am not familiar with that appliance.

I use a heat gun on the lowest setting. If you ever try it, you wont go back to steam or hot water. Mine is a Warner.

We use one on our shrink wrap. Good stuff. Trick is to keep moving and not too close....job done quick!

You are correct. I wrap it around the four corners with foam underneath to protect the frames. Amazing stuff!

Yep, whole pallets of small boxes are held together even when stacked haphazardly, and shipped around the world, after shrinkwrapping.

You should see some of the pallet I off load out in the Gulf in high seas man that shrink wrap is some bad stuff.

Latest posts

Back