Winexpert Shrink Capsules

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masta

Reaction score
I saw mention of Winexpert making shrink caps for their Limited Edition series...George or anyone have any knowledge of this?

I have used those shrink caps alot with standard straight top bottles, but alot if not most of my used bottles have a large flare on top which prevents the use of shrink caps. Some of the bottles are nicely dressed without them, but some look like they are missing something.

Oh CW! I saw something recently on Ebay....

Let me find the link and I'll post it for you.

Hmmm, I guess the auction was over, but I saw an auction for 200 shrink caps, and some of them were made especially for those bottles with the flare.

I will keep my eyes open for a re-list and let you know....

I have large shrinks which fit over most of the flare tops...but some are just too big!

that guy is back on ebay selling 200 caps at a time and he has some large ones too.
smiley9.gif

Well I have some large ones, but they do not fit over the bartops. Thanks Martina sweetie.

That is good to know. I actually thought of getting some, but if they don't fit over them I am gonna forget it. I have a few of those as you describe too, and I hate them because I can never get a cork in them which looks half-way decent, nor can I put something over it to hide the crappy corking.....

Nah, Glenvall, not sweet, I'm pretty salty. (I eat too many potato chips)

Ya gotta have a floor corker for the bartop bottles to look right. I also had trouble with the double lever corker with them.

Yes, I know. I've read that as well.

I sort of like my corker in every other way, except for these darn bartop bottles. I usually don't give any of my wine away - except to good friends and family - so, the little "goofs" don't bother me much.

Well as long as the corks are going in well and doing a good job while in there, no worries, enjoy the wine.

CW, ever tried the "hot wax" dip method? I plan on trying that next. I bought a small embosser on-line to add an inital on the top while the wax was still hot to give it that personal look. I was wondering who else had success with the wax approach?

No, Joe, I never was interested in the wax thang. It is just not that appealing to me.

I wax my fancy glass syrup bottles, I put a gold foil on first to make the wax eisier to remove, I have been thinking of putting a gold ribbon or string under the foil to pull the foil and wax off with, the right string would look nice, I haven't found it yet, and I use red wax.

Wow, you men are fancy!!!

I just slap a label and shrink-capon it and am done with it!!!

Hahaha, yes. I understand. But hot wax and a bottle with my limited "handyman" abilities would result in a disaster.
smiley36.gif

You should post some pictures of the waxed tops. Is there special "bottling wax?" or what do you use?

I don't have any pictures I know of but I will look when I get home, I am out of the fancy bottles now, the wax I get from the syrup supply store, I think it's just plain wax comes in a 5lb block, have to chop it up to get in the pot, I have a dedicated pot and spoon just for wax, when I'm done I just let it harden in the pot, I think 5lbs. will last forever.

Oh yea, you only dip the wax 2/3 the way up the foil, thinking of the person who has to remove it latter. That's where the ribbon would come in, and look nice too, sometimes I let the wax drip down the side of the bottle. (men are all for show)

Latest posts

Back