WineXpert Winexpert Price Increase

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geocorn

Vendor
Reaction score
In case you missed the newsletter or have not looked at the home page, here is an important announcement:

Winexpert has announced their price increase and it is substantial, 15-20% across the board! The price increase went into effect on January 28, 2008, but we stocked up on Winexpert Wine kits before the price increase and will try to wait until March 1st to increase our prices.

Under normal demand, our stock should last the entire month, but if we get a surge in sales and run out of the old price kits, we will be forced to increase our prices before then. The best advice we can give you is to order early to guarantee the old price.

Funny how the price goes up about as much as the Canadian dollar has gained on the US dollar....

Those greedy Canadian companies are suffering now because a lot of them were playing the US dollar game and getting an extra 15 to 20% extra when our dollar was low. Now that it dips into their coffers, they up the price...Sorry, that hits a note here with me, as a Canadian business man. We've always charged Canadian dollars for my companies product, so we don't see the loss.

I think it's sad that some companies have to do this.

For once, I am going to bite my tongue and be quiet about their increase; however, it will make my Mosti kits prices look very good and since I am the only U.S. retailer to carry the complete line, it could be very good for my business. I always try to find the silver lining.

It's not suprizing with the weakness in the US$. If you were having to pay in C$ your cost would have gone up, too. The real question is if the US$ gets stronger will they reduce the price?Edited by: PeterZ

While it is true the US dollar has fallen in comparison to the Canadian Dollar, right now the conversion is just about 1 to 1, actually 1.0022 currently. A strong Canadian dollar means the grapes or juice cost more in Canada in US dollars, but then the buying power of the Canadian dollar is greater. Time will even things out.

Nice to see George stock up at current prices so we all ease into the sticker shock with advanced warning. A lot of businesses would raise them right away (see gas prices) and take advantage of the fact for a quick buck.

George just isn't that fast!
smiley2.gif

Latest posts

Back