WineMaker Mag Contest 2008

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimCook

Reaction score
Just wanted to see how many people were planning on submitting their wine to the upcoming WineMaker Magazine winemaking contest (submissions due by March 17, 2008). I know that George had said he planned on submitting some Meglioli's and I'm curious what everybody is doing. I'm submitting my first three kits - the WE Australian Chard, WE Argentine Malbec, and the MM AllJuice Pinot Noir.

- Jim

just a thought,how about a contest between ourselves with george holding it,ant thoughts?

I will have to take a lot of the blame for lack of entries. I haven't promoted enough. Next year, I want to really promote and get a lot of the all juice products entered. Most of these are not a year old and I would not encourage anyone to enter any wine less than 1 year old.

That's my reason for not entering anything this year. I don't have any all juice products ready to enter yet. The Pinot Noir All Juice is very good, but there isn't enough nose to it yet to be competitive. It should begin to open up by next year. I haven't been able to afford much for really good kits yet, so I wouldn't feel competitive.

I may see how my home grown wines are by next year and see if I could enter a few of them. Shipping isn't really an issue to them since they are just across and below Lake Champlainfrom me- I could drive there in a couple hours and have a nice sightseeing drive.

Im in the same boat as everyone else. None of mine have aged long enough yet, but next year they will be ready.

Scuba

Scubaman2151 said:
Im in the same boat as everyone else. None of mine have aged long enough yet, but next year they will be ready.

Scuba

Of course this assumes that you are able to save a bottle or two!
smiley4.gif

Well, my MM AllJuice Pinot Noir will be just over a year by the time of the judging, which is in mid-April, so in it goes. There is a decant option that you can specify for your wine entries as well - I'll be testing mine for that time in the next two weeks before I send them in.

In the least, I'll be curious as to the response notes from the judges. And heck, when I joined this forum in mid February of last year, one of my goals was to enter this competition.

It also sounds like it's time to get some kits started for next year's contest.
smiley1.gif

- Jim

Back