Wineeasy vs Bladder press

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewbush

Reaction score
OK,
I will be in the market soon for a press of some sort. I will be moving up to grape buckets and do not want to mess with large muslin bags and hand mashing.

Both of the above items will accomplish a press at about the same price. The Wineeasy 30gal, with piston and pump is about $1100 and a 40L press is about the same.

The wineeasy will press at 14-15mmHg whereas the bladder will press higher.

1. I want to also be able to do other fruits and ciders so I think I can use either.

2. I do not think I will be filling the bladder press full each batch, at most 1/2 to 3/4 based on the volumes of wines I make. Will this be a problem?

3. The wineeasy also gives me another fermentation tank, not that I need it, but at similar price I am having a tough time deciding between the 2.

What do you think?

I love my Wineasy. The piston press works great, the pomace came out as dry as a bladder press and I didn't have to use any rice hulls. Just make sure your pressing into a glass carboy. The plastic ones can't handle the vacuum pressure and will implode.

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

Latest posts

Back