Wine Trip

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The barrel rooms smelled wonderful - all that medium toast French oak hanging out in the same relatively enclosed space. :)

And yes, digital film rocks.

- Jim

My pleasure. The trip was great for the different wine, culture, and culinaryexposure, for sure.

- Jim

That was a dream trip. How long were you there. I'll bet you were tired when you arrived back home! Very interesting and beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing!

We were there for just under two weeks. The schedule went something like this...

Fly into Malaga, Spain. Stay in nearby Marbella for three days. Travel to Jerez to try Sherry and see a Spanish festival on one of those days.
Travel to Madrid, stopping by Grenada to see Alhambra. Stay in Madrid for three days, taking a day trip to Toledo on one of those days.
Travel to Bordeaux, France. Stay in Bordeaux for two and a half days. (Head to Medoc on the first day and St. Emilion on the second day)
Travel to San Sebastian, Spain and spend the night there.
Travel to Madrid and then head out to the airport the following day to return home.

It was a lot of travelling around, that's for sure. I was pretty good coming home, although over nine hours in the plane is a bit restricting.
smiley12.gif
I've been able to 'ride the jet lag' by maintaining a good bedtime, which is nice. I just received some more pictures from our friend in Spain who has a great camera and better talent - I'll post those after I modify the sizes.

- Jim

Boy am I jealous!
smiley19.gif
Thanks for the pictures. Bordeaux looks a lot like Avignon. Only one question, "how did you manage to stay sober?"

We had planned this trip since last year, so it was nice to have it come to fruition. I stayed sober by eating lots of food and walking a bunch, plus I wasn't necessarily partial to the wines (at least in Bordeaux). :) Also, the wines were lower alcohol in France than in the U.S. - generally around 13.5% or so on average.
By the way, if anyone wants to experience what tannin really is, try a 2008 (if you can find it) Bordeaux wine from Medoc - it will turn your mouth inside out.

- Jim

Latest posts

Back