wine shipped to other states?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsmahoney

Reaction score
Hey, I've been looking for the information on shipping wine into other states. I know we have discussed this on this forum, but am having trouble finding it again.
I have a son that has a Birthday coming up and I'd like to send him some of my wines. They would be shipped from Nebraska to Colorado.

Thanks for all your help in advance!
Janet

Yep, that is what I was looking for! Thanks! Free the Grapes.
www.wineinstitute.org/shipwine also has some information. Looks like I will be sipping the wine over the telephone and let him know how it tastes.
smiley36.gif
Thanks Northern Winos!

List it as flavored syrup or fruit juice. That's what it was before the yeast got active!!

When I sent some to Wally I called it vinegar and hoped I didnt jinx it!

Marinade is written on boxed both coming and going from our place. And meat marinated in wine always tastes great!

Not sure why you have to call it anything since I have never been asked by UPS or FedEx.....I am paying the bill just ship it!

When I ship UPS, I usually mark it as "Glass" since that is wat the bottles are made of. But when I did that, the guy at the counter wanted to know what the liquid was in the glass. So now I just mark it as Fruit juice, as Peter said, that what it was before the yeast went live.

Masta: Our UPS drop off is automated. One of te questions on the computer is "contents". I always assumed you had to put something in that feild.

masta said:
Not sure why you have to call it anything since I have never been asked by UPS or FedEx.....I am paying the bill just ship it!

I never had been asked before either until a couple weeks ago at the local Fed Ex outlet. I think it was because I shipped a large Coleman cooler for packaging. The lady asked me what it was and I told her human organs.
smiley3.gif
Her eyes got as big as pancakes when I said that and she quit writing the tag. I laughed and told her it was really a transmission.
smiley36.gif

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

Smurfe, shame on you!
smiley36.gif
That would have stopped me in my tracks also.
So, guess I will send some fruit juice for his cold! Thanks everyone!

I have been asked as well, and tell them it's juice. Smurfe, that's funny I'm going to try that next time....

Back