Wine Rack

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rocky I pulled the actual invoice and I am partially wrong.
It was for 2 units $161.76 ($80.88 each) plus shipping for 2 units was $50.20 plus $14.83 for sales tax. Total cost $226.79

Still a good deal. We have 5 and are going to be purchasing 2 more once we get the rest of the carboys racked to bottles.

We would not want wheels either....

The problem I have with wheels is that I use re-cycled bottles and I have a number of the type that is narrower at the bottom than it is at the shoulder. I am weeding them out of my supply as I go (since I now have an abundance of bottles) but they are very unstable when on a rack because the bottles tilt slightly. I have had one accident where I lost two bottles (cried myself to sleep that night) when I bumped the rack and they slid off of it.

The problem I have with wheels is that I use re-cycled bottles and I have a number of the type that is narrower at the bottom than it is at the shoulder. I am weeding them out of my supply as I go (since I now have an abundance of bottles) but they are very unstable when on a rack because the bottles tilt slightly. I have had one accident where I lost two bottles (cried myself to sleep that night) when I bumped the rack and they slid off of it.

I have similar issue with Burgundy bottles and others that flair in or out. I put a layer of paper towels between each row of bottles on the rack and that seems to prevent slippage.

Derunner, I know what you mean about Burgundy bottles. I think the problem is that due to their shape, they only contact the back two loops of the rack and the neck is free to move. I try to avoid them too and use clear Bordeaux bottles for white wine. Also, since my fatalities, I am using a layer of small bubble wrap between layers. That really increases the friction and I have not had further problems. Keeps the bottles cleaner too.

But you do have to have a Sam Club membrship right??

Tess, I guess one does have to have a membership. I do because we do a lot of our shopping at both Sam's and Costco so we belong to both clubs.

Tess, I guess one does have to have a membership. I do because we do a lot of our shopping at both Sam's and Costco so we belong to both clubs.

Yeah you do...lol. I worked for that company for years!! In the end its what your happy with!!

the price from the manufacturer is the same as from Sams Club, but their shipping is higher in my case. So at the end Sam's Club is cheaper.

I like the seville for metal bulk storage, but I want to build one.
I like some of the wood designs I have found here.

If buying the seville, I would buy extra shelves. Seville has them listed for $9.99 ea and place them closer together. Maybe not stack bottles

Last edited:
shelf is nice but afraid of bottles sliding off to the side....

Shouldn't be an issue if you are stacking less than 3 high. Additionally, they are hard to see, but there are stabilizing "wires" on the sides that would make it very, very dificult for a bottle to slide out. I've had mine a year or so now and have never had a concern. It's very stable and solid.

Latest posts

Back